Finding a Urologist in NYC

playwrestler
This topic is 4768 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey guys... I would like to find a good Urologist in the city. He doesn't have to be gay but that would definitely be a plus as some of my issues are fairly complicated and it would be easier to talk with someone who understood our lifestyle etc. Thanks for any help that you could give.

I suggest you check some of the "gay newspapers" or gay web sites for NYC. There are usually physicians who advertize there, and although they may be internists or family physicians, they can refer you to a good urologist who understands the gay lifestyle issues or is also gay. Also the health clinics that specialize in treating aids will usually refer you to physicians that you can rely on to be sympathetic and will also refer you to one who is gay if you ask politely. There are also associations/clubs/informal groups of gay physicians and you should be able to locate them without to much difficulty. Good Luck. It really is important to find a physician with whom you are comfortable and can have complete trust in their work with you.

First, I would suggest that you work with your internist and ask him/her for a recommendation. This should faciliate your regular physician monitoring your condition and keeping an eye on your progress.

Second, check with your medical insurance provider, they should have a number of physicians who specialize in urology and are "in network."

Third, there is a doctor who advertizes in Metro magazine whose speciality is urology, although I cannot personally recommend him, his name is Jacob Heyman. His practice is located at 109 East 38th St and his contact number is 212-684-4900.

Finally, put the word out to freinds and relatives to ask for a recommendation.

good luck!

ED

Archived