La Cage to Close on May1

edjames
This topic is 4799 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Despite very good reviews of this production with Harvey Feirstein and Christopher Seibert, the closing notice has been posted for May 1.

I have been told by many that have gone back to see this show that it is a "must-see" with Harvey and Chris.

last chance...

ED

Despite very good reviews of this production with Harvey Feirstein and Christopher Seibert, the closing notice has been posted for May 1.

I have been told by many that have gone back to see this show that it is a "must-see" with Harvey and Chris.

last chance...

ED

Well, here's a dissenting opinion. I saw it with Jeffrey Tambor, who was eased out after one week, and most des ervedly so. Harvey was the reason I went to see "La Cage," and he wasn't all that good in the part. Also, the entire production was cheap and cheesy. I later found out that Fran & Barry Weisberg are the producers, which explains it.

And yet, it's supposed to be "Cheap..."

Also, the entire production was cheap and cheesy. I later found out that Fran & Barry Weisberg are the producers, which explains it.

It was supposed to be cheesy and cheap. Gone is the glam nightclub setting and a long line of leggy Cagelles. I saw the original revivial production in London and again in NYC. This production is supposed to evoke a seedy/shabby little club in the south of France. I have only good reviews from at least 5 people who have seen Harvey and they all said it was worth seeing aagin.

http://theater.nytimes.com/2010/04/19/theater/reviews/19cage.html

ED

Archived