Questions to ask A masseur/ massage therapist so you don't get burned

josephga
This topic is 4821 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Questions to ask A masseur/ massage therapist

These are in no particular order but are common question I get asked or imo should be asked.

1. Do you have a professional massage table? Only massage that normally performed not on a table is Thai massage which is done on a mat. Deep tissue or Swedish massage performed on a bed is worthless most of the pressure would be absorbed into the mattress and can led to misalignment of your back and imo is very unsanitary.

2. DO you have training? If so asked them where did they go to school? Or ask for their license number. You can google state massage board for your state and run the number. If they won’t give you the number don’t hire.

3. Ask them what kind of massage do they offer? Don’t go in assuming Don’t pretend you want therapeutic if you really want erotic. Don’t get on the table and start asking questions .ask the questions b4 you book

4. Do you use cream/ oil or lotion? Is it unscented?

5. What forms of payment do you accept?

6. Do you have a shower? Also id add most clients that normally want a shower want it after the massage. Do us all a favor shower b4 coming over. If you have been in the car traveling or coming over after work ask to shower. Iv smelled enough nasty asses while doing leg and glut work to know it will effect your session in a negative way.

Some of these can apply to masseurs as well as clients

Also id add if you are going to be a few minutes early or late call. Don’t show up drugged up or intoxicated. (iv actually refused service twice over this one) fresh breath with mouth wash b4 the session applies to clients and masseurs. Masseurs have a clean room to work in preferably for massage only. Strip and sanitize your tables with barbicide after each client. Clean your bathrooms and showers daily. show up for your appointments. Clients be prepared to call from an unblocked phone number even when finalizing those sessions set up by email.( most masseurs have that policy) For those purchasing sensual or erotic massage ask the masseur politely if you can touch don’t just help yourself. Better yet ask b4 you book the session if its interactive. If you ask anything of a masseur accept whatever their answer maybe. If its no then move on. Don’t complain or whine like a little bitch move on lol

Hope some find these tips helpfull

I've smelled enough nasty asses while doing leg and glut work to know it will effect your session in a negative way.

Ok, I'm not a masseur, but I do get into some foul situations with a tape measure and I've been on some calls were a fresh hand cloth would have come in handy. So, I've discovered that baby wipes are invaluable. When using the tape measure, I hold the baby wipe in one hand and draw the tape measure through it. I tell my subject I'm making sure that the tape measure is sanitary, what I'm really doing is getting the last subject's odorific secretions off of it. In the bedroom, a tub of baby wipes makes the trip to the bathroom for a wet towel unnecessary. It's fast, efficient, sanitary, usually anti-bacterial. Would that work in the massage situation?

Archived