John Gabriel Borkman at BAM

skynyc
This topic is 4864 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just back from a very enjoyable evening. After reading the review, and getting some feedback from friends, I was looking forward to the performances, but kind of dreading the play. That was a good frame of mind to be in.... Both my friend and I really enjoyed the play as well as the performances. And the production is stunning. Alan Rickman, Lindsay Duncan and Fiona Shaw are all marvelous, Rickman and Shaw in particular have many carpet-chewing moments...which are very appropriate for Ibsen. The play had some lines that in contemporary society are very comedic, a couple comments about women and some very droll lines about happiness. I do recommend this, as I suspect there won't be another production of this caliber in my lifetime.

This is playing through February 6th, and is worth the trip to Brooklyn. VERY easy on the 2 3 4 5 trains to Nevins Street. Tonight's performance was not sold out, so tickets can be had.

Archived