The King's Speech...

skynyc
This topic is 4868 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I took my mom to this one over the holidays. We loved it. I had to whisper that King George V was being played by "Dumbledore" (Michael Gambon) but the show is pretty wonderful. Wonderful performances in a powerful screenplay that takes a pretty small story and makes it riveting.

I am not a huge movie-goer, but will probably see this one again.

Absolutely the best motion picture I"ve seen all year. Collin Firth and Geoffry Rush are magnificent in their roles. Both could wind up nominated for Best Actor which might prove a conumdrum for Oscars. I may have to see it again as well. It's that good.

They both deserve Oscars for their performances. Colin for best actor, and Rush for supporting actor. I am going back to see it a second and third time, which I never do, and will probably buy it when it is available on a CD later this year or next.

Guest IndyMedic2006

Oscar's all around for the cast of The King's Speech! It is the best movie I have seen all year, even though we are only 15 days into the new year. It was even better the second time since I was able to go to a movie theatre that served wine and meals during the movie!

Archived