Next To Normal in Los Angeles

jackhammer91406
This topic is 4879 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It is Los Angeles after all so normal is a relative term.

Tuesday evening the bf and I went to see this show at the Ahmanson Theratre at The Music Center in downtown Los Angeles. Alice Ripley who originated the lead role on Broadway and won the Tony is appearing in the show here as it begins it's national tour.

My friend and I were blown away by the show. The performances managed to carry the weight of such heavy subject matter without dragging it down. The sets, the lighting and the musicians all blended together to create the chaos of the lead character's mind and the devastation on the immediate family.

The night we saw it I believe Ms. Ripley may have been suffering from a cold or some kind of inner ear infection and she displayed some pitch problems. Her dramatic performance more than offset her being off key sometimes.

The son is especially hunky. All of the members of the cast are very good.

The show is in Los Angeles for a limited run.

I recommend it.

It is still running in New York with Marin Mazzie and her husband Jason Danieley. I've seen it a number of times and it blows me away every single time. I have tickets for closing night here January 16th. If you're in the NY area go, go, go. If not, try to catch it on the tour. I have tickets for April in the midwest where I'll be visiting family. It's a show that grabs hold and won't let go ... I guess you can tell - I really really like it!

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away

...but something next to normal would be okay.

Yeah, something next to normal is a thing I'd like to try.

Close enough to normal to get by ...

Archived