Undertow

uwsman2
This topic is 4890 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Several friends had been pushing me to see this, but it's not easy: it's playing at only one tiny theater in Manhattan, the former balcony at Cinema Village on East 12 St. And there were only 3 other guys in the theater when I went to see it this afternoon.

But it's worth seeing... although it'll keep for netflix or DVD, which is where it is probably quickly headed.

Anyway, it's about a Peruvian fisherman who's on the "down low" with a truly hot artist. The guys who play these lead roles are scrumptious. Problem is the fisherman is married with pregnant wife, and the artist -- well, he has trouble accepting that situation. And problems develop. Elsewhere I've characterized this as "Six Feet Under in a Peruvian fishing village." And at times it moves kinda slow, the way foreign films (subtitles) tend to do. But it actually tells a very moving story. I'd be curious if others who participate here have seen this. It's been playing the gay film festival circuit, and also has had short runs in a few coastal cities.

Archived