29 million

Michael Vincenzo
This topic is 4902 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

(INFO FROM ONE OF MY FAVORITE WEBSITES)

29 million is:

• The amount, in pounds, paid for a rare pink diamond recently sold at auction in the U.K.
  • The number of people who voted for President Obama in 2008 but didn't vote in the 2010 midterm elections
  • The number of pounds of antibiotics fed to farmed animals last year.
  • The number of people projected to use video calling by 2015.

Pretty interesting, huh?

And because I love to shed light on facts pertaining to how animals are raised for food, here is some information that should alarm us all. Animals are routinely fed antibiotics in order to promote growth and keep them alive long enough in filthy, miserable factory-farm conditions to be poked and prodded to slaughter.

This is problematic for those of us who aren't making heaps of money off abused animals' backs, because the overuse of antibiotics leads to the development of antibiotic-resistant "superbugs," which then proceed to eat our flesh, ravage our lungs, poison our blood, and engage in other nasty, life-threatening behavior.

So, not only are we killing animals needlessly, but we're coming full circle and killing ourselves; not before we reuse the animals to test new pharmaceuticals to cure these horrific new disease. Kharma is a bitch! Take animals out of the equation.

Choose a cruelty free lifestyle change in your diet. Your life depends on it!

Help me understand this. Pounds of antibiotics seems like a strange unit of measure. Where is the weighing performed and by whom?

This reminds me of the Texas State Department of Parks and Wildlife. Each year they release the deer count. I own a fairly large piece of property and no one has ever showed up here to count the deer. I can not get them to line up and stay still so how could anyone possible count the?

Archived