13 things your flight attendant won't tell you

Steven_Draker
This topic is 4909 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You can have a smile or two with this one.

1. “Want to start off on the wrong foot with me? Put your carry-on in a full overhead bin, leave it sticking out six inches, then take your seat at the window and wait for someone else (me!) to come along and solve the physics problem you just created.”

2. “Yes, passengers are incredibly rude, but stealing a beer, cursing out passengers, and jumping out of a plane the way Steven Slater did is not the way to handle it. You disarm an unruly passenger by introducing yourself, asking his name, and saying something like ‘I’ve been incredibly nice to you for three hours. Why are you treating me like this?’ Generally that gets the other passengers on your side—and sometimes they’ll even applaud.”

3. “We don’t have a boyfriend in every city. And our median age these days is 44.”

4. “If you’re traveling with a small child and you keep hearing bells, bells, and more bells, please look to see if it’s your child playing with the flight attendant call bell.”

5. “An all-too-common scenario: I hand you a cup of coffee and say, ‘Cream and sugar?’ You say, ‘What?’ I say, ‘Cream and sugar?’ You say, ‘What?’ Come on, people. What do you think we’re going to ask after we’ve handed you coffee? Your favorite color?”

6. “The lavatory door is not rocket science. Just push.”

7. “No, it’s not OK to come back into the galley to stretch and bend over with your rear end in my face while I’m in my jump seat during my only break, trying to eat a meal.”

8. “If you have a baby, bring diapers. If you’re diabetic, bring syringes. If you have high blood pressure, don’t forget your medication. That way, I’m not trying to make a diaper out of a sanitary pad and a pillowcase or asking over the intercom if someone has a spare inhaler.”

9. “Just in case you hadn’t noticed, there are other people on the airplane besides you. So don’t clip your toenails, snore with wild abandon, or do any type of personal business under a blanket!”

10. “If you’re traveling overseas, do yourself a favor and bring a pen. You would not believe how many people travel without one, and you need one to fill out the immigration forms. I carry some, but I can’t carry 200.”

11. “Passengers are always coming up to me and tattling on each other. ‘Can you tell him to put his seat up?’ ‘She won’t share the armrest.’ What am I, a preschool teacher?”

12. “I hate working flights to destinations like Vail and West Palm Beach. The passengers all think they’re in first class even if they’re not. They don’t do what we ask. And the overhead bins are full of their mink coats.”

13. “Do you really have to go to the bathroom right now, while we’re wrestling a 250-pound food cart down the aisle? You can’t wait 90 seconds for us to pass?”

As some of you know, I travel on business a lot and I found each of these rang true. I am always treated with the utmost kindness and respect by the airline staff - and I have witnessed many of the things you mentioned, especially the stretching thing in the galley! But I have also spotted some very hot guys stretchimng, revealing lots of skin and cracks lol, but I digress!!! I was just away on an extended trip that took me through Europe and Japan. On a Luftansa flight, for the first time ever, the man in front of me had his seat in the recline position during pre-dinner drinks. And the couple behind me thought they had to yell at each other in a language I could not identify - and I was furious. I needed more alcohol to cope - and got only one glass (it happens that way sometimes lol). The main meal was coming, and I thouught I would ask the attendant to ask him to raise his seat and tell the couple behind me to shut up. Turned out the couple was upset because he had lost his insulin....Then, For some reason, I just tapped his shoulder in front of me, and he could not have been more pleasant. He said, anytime you need me to put the chair up, just let me know. I think it is often all in our own head. Thanks to all the airline people for doing a great job during more and more difficult circumstances!

14. It doesn't matter how many times you hit on me, there's no way in hell you're going to fuck me. (Steven probably missed that one since it surely doesn't apply to him).

Archived