127 Hours

uwsman2
This topic is 4915 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In another forum, somebody started a threat on James Franco, and I posted there about seeing his new film, "127 Hours," yesterday. But I wanted to post here, too, to make sure those interested will hear about it from somebody who has seen it.

This is totally magnificent film-making by Danny Boyle, the true story of a young enthusiastic mountaineer, played by James Franco, who missteps while climbing next to a crevice in the badlands in Utah, falls in with a rock falling on top of him and trapping his arm against the crevice so he can't leave.... for 127 hours. Those who have been following the reviews know what happens next and how he makes his escape.

Anyway, Franco is absolutely tops in this role, a total wow! This is a don't-miss-it film. Unfortunately, due to the subject matter, it is not a hit with the mass audience, so only playing in "art house" type settings, but worth seeking out if you can get to a city where it is playing. See it on the big screen. The awesome shots of Utah wilderness won't have nearly the same impact on a TV or laptop when the eventual DVD release comes.

Guest greatness

Yes Utah is a beautiful state. I think I will go see the movie tomorrow if I have time.

The awesome shots of Utah wilderness won't have nearly the same impact on a TV or laptop when the eventual DVD release comes.

Archived