Are you ready to SKI?! I'm ready to get my ski on bitch's!!!!!!!

seaboy4hire
This topic is 4954 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am already in the works of the most epic kick ass winter EVER! If you are looking for ski equipment and in the bay area and Los Angeles I would highly suggest you check out http://www.skidazzle.com This afternoon I went to the Chicago show and bought what would be retail price a little over $1000 in skis, poles and boots for $450! If you explain to the folk your level of skiing and where you will be skiing they are quite helpful in picking out what would work best for your level and terrain, there are a lot of deals to be had at some of the resorts around the country and they eye candy out here in the mid west was quite nice as well. A lot of the equipment is priced at least 50% off and many at 70% off. These are hard times for many but why skimp on some fun and thrilling exercise? I'm looking to hit MN, WI, MI and ending in CO for what is supposed to be epically orgasmic skiing in a special lil town according to a friend of mine who works at one of the resorts. Hope to see some of you on the slopes this season! Oh and if you see a lil ball of fur rolling down the hill don't worry that would be me :) This was my treat for no smoking for almost a month :)

I don't know. I've always said the idea of strapping a couple pieces of wood onto your feet and then hurling yourself down a mountain for no reason whatsoever doesn't make any sense. I mean it makes lots of cents to orthopaedic surgeons. But for the participants. It's like people putting a big assed piece of cloth on their back and then jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

I'd rather get my adrenaline rush be being surrounded by a few guys all intent on doing me one a time.

I think it is more dangerous walking around Chicago with the traffic then enjoying a nice crisp day doing a few runs.

I enjoy skiiing also, though if I can get on the slopes successfully. There's hope for everyone.

As to the danger, people remember the celebrity deaths, like Bono and a Kennedy. In the early 70s, Lucille Ball broke her leg badly, and did a whole season of her show in a body cast. She said that injury seriously effected the rest of her career, because she could move as she wanted to --- essential for physical comedy.

I love to ski and I love to scuba dive... both are classified as "dangerous sports", but like everything else, one has to approach this with a word of caution, and hopefully have some great instructors. I remember when I first went down a "black diamond hill"... I was terrified and was not prepared for it. I was lucky I didn't break my neck. I retreated to slopes that I could manage, but still remember the thrill when I first navigated a black diamond course with relative ease. I have stopped skiing now, partly because I am no longer in shape to deal with the stress on my knees and legs. However, once I retire, I intend to take it up again, but will work on getting in shape to be able to ski the gentler and more senic slopes. I commend you, Greg, for getting into skiing. As you said, other than swimming, there is probably not another sport that will give your body the definition that will be admired by so many guys on and off the slopes. Thanks for the tips on the skiing equipment too. Like many other things, skiing in moderation and at your ability level will keep you free of most accidents.

I love to ski and I love to scuba dive... both are classified as "dangerous sports", but like everything else, one has to approach this with a word of caution, and hopefully have some great instructors. I remember when I first went down a "black diamond hill"... I was terrified and was not prepared for it. I was lucky I didn't break my neck. I retreated to slopes that I could manage, but still remember the thrill when I first navigated a black diamond course with relative ease. I have stopped skiing now, partly because I am no longer in shape to deal with the stress on my knees and legs. However, once I retire, I intend to take it up again, but will work on getting in shape to be able to ski the gentler and more senic slopes. I commend you, Greg, for getting into skiing. As you said, other than swimming, there is probably not another sport that will give your body the definition that will be admired by so many guys on and off the slopes. Thanks for the tips on the skiing equipment too. Like many other things, skiing in moderation and at your ability level will keep you free of most accidents.

Dan the last sentance is so true and I think by not following it is what causes most injuries. When I was in my teens for about 2 or 3 years almost every weekend and day out from school I was on the slopes. I wasn't great but I was good enough to do more runs where I didn't fall then runs where I fell. I skied once last year and was reminded why I miss skiing. Surprisenly there are a lot of options just hours away from Chicago and some are easy to get to by train :) since I refuse to drive in the snow. I know my level is now at beginer since it's been so long so I will be taking a few lessons to get my confedence up as well as techneques so I don't cause any injuries to myself or others.

Hugs,

Greg

Catching Air!

I'm looking forward to hitting the slopes too. Next March, I'll be headed out to "gay ski week" at Crested Butte, benefitting the Matthew Shepherd Foundation. Check it out and come along guys. http://www.skicb.com/cbmr/info/mountain/gay-ski-week.aspx.

Last year, I skied at gay ski week at Whistler, BC and had a blast! http://www.gaywhistler.com/ It's not a "circuit party on snow" as some might expect. It's just great skiing with gay friends from all over the continent. At Whistler, I didn't see any illicit drug use like you often see at circuit parties. However, the ski lodge and hot tubs do get pretty steamy at night--and that alone is worth the trip as far as I'm concerned!

Archived