R.I.P. Jill Clayburgh

JackTwist
This topic is 4938 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Two-time Oscar nominee Jill Clayburgh, 66, has died from chronic lymphocytic leukemia: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/06/arts/06clayburgh.html. Clayburgh's most noted films were "An Unmarried Woman, "Starting Over, "Semi-Tough," "Silver Streak, "Luna," "I'm Dancing As Fast as I Can," "First Monday in October" and "It's My Turn."

http://filefap.com/files/1067795_vsa3f/41832930.jpg

1944 - 2010

Jill Clayburgh was a wonderful natural talent and a classy lady. It's sad to hear of her passing. I'll remember her most for "An Unmarried Woman". That role conveyed that it's okay to have doubts and be vulnerable while you are carving your own path in life and finding your own power. Thank-you for your work, Jill. RIP and deep condolences to her loved ones.

This may be more personal to one member of this board. Jill was the original Catherine in the musical Pippin on broadway. I got to see her several times. Once from backstage and once from the audience.

One member of this board was an understudy for the role of Theo, Catherine's son. And he had several actual performances when he performed. I just don't know if his time overlapped with Jill's.

She was a wonderful actress and I think of her often in the role of Catherine. The role that I will most closely associate with her.

RIP Jill. You managed to bring joy and happiness to many people in your life. And that is a gift that so few of us ever achieve. You will always be remembered by me. And I'm sure many others.

I always thought that she made any performance that she was a part of better. Never read her bio and was always puzzled that after she married David Rabe she kind of disappeared. I wasn't sure why the parts kind of dried up for her. Only with the obit did I know that she was also busy raising a family and so unfortunate to be battling leukemia for over 20 years at the same time. Very difficult circumstances.

Archived