The Pitmen Painters/Swan Lake/Merchant of Venice

edjames
This topic is 4942 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The Pitmen Painters is a fascinating story of a group of Welsh coal miners during the 1930's who attend an art class and become accomplished painters. A wonderful cast and another great production from the National Theater in the UK. I enjoyed it very much.

What can I say about the great Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake? It's so unbelievably well done that it almost took my breath away. It is just as powerful and mesmerizing as it was when I first saw it on Broadway almost 12 years ago. Great sets, costumes, choreography, and so very, very homoerotic! The Prince is very handsome, too.

Al Pacino is back in The Merchant of Venice. This production, first done in Central Park this summer is an overwhelming success and tickets are hard to come by. Al is great. He is one of our finest actors. An interesting production, but its Shakespeare, so full attention to the dialogue is required. A fine cast, interesting set and costumes.

ED

Archived