Gold's Gym Donates Millions to Anti-Gay Candidates...

JackTwist
This topic is 4973 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Gold’s Gym and its parent company’s CEO has donated multi-millions to "American Crossroads," the top conservative group, which is backing many Republican candidates unsupportive of gay rights. American Crossroads is a “Super PAC” which can raise unlimited amounts of money from individuals and corporations. Four Gold’s Gym franchises in San Francisco announced they were leaving the Gold’s Gym brand and pledged they would donate sums matching their franchise fees to LGBT charities.

Read more here: http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2010/10/golds-gym-gay-rights-showdown.html

I used to work-out at the Gold's Gym here in New Orleans. It was owned by the Former Saints Quarterback Archie Manning (Eli and Peyton's dad). The gym abruptly closed several years ago (before Katrina) without giving gym members any advance notice. Total bummer. Lots of members lost money and the corporate parent to the franchise was unresponsive to complaints. I would personally never join a Gold's Gym again after that horrible experience.

I used to work-out at the Gold's Gym here in New Orleans. It was owned by the Former Saints Quarterback Archie Manning (Eli and Peyton's dad). The gym abruptly closed several years ago (before Katrina) without giving gym members any advance notice. Total bummer. Lots of members lost money and the corporate parent to the franchise was unresponsive to complaints. I would personally never join a Gold's Gym again after that horrible experience.

When I lived in Atlanta the same thing happen. There was a golds gym about 1 mile from my apartment. It had been there about 8 years. Id walk by it on the way to the tanning salon, Then one morning it was just gone. girl in the tanning salon told me they came in during the middle of the night and just took everything out with no warning to their members.

Archived