Red

jackhammer91406
This topic is 4902 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This post may end up being moved or deleted because I see no allowance for film discussion in this forum, but I just got back from seeing RED.

Whether it's because this is the first film I have seen since my many stays in the Spa (hospital) or whether it's because I identify with the age group of the actors, or whether it's simply because it is a funny and enjoyable film, I couldn't tell you.

Obviously I am telling you I thoroughly enjoyed this. I will also say before the pitch forks come out, that unless I am going to see a film that has Oscar buzz all over it, I will usually suspend my super critical eye and simply go into the film to be entertained. That was the case with this film.

I can also say that the sight of Dame Helen Mirren operating that semi-automatic canon was something to see.

I would recommend this film to anyone who enjoys fun, escape fare. Criticism has been mixed, but then most critics don't go to a movie to be entertined, they go to deconstruct a film.

Anyway, I liked it very much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Ryaan_Morgan

I can also say that the sight of Dame Helen Mirren operating that semi-automatic canon was something to see.

I would recommend this film to anyone who enjoys fun, escape fare. Criticism has been mixed, but then most critics don't go to a movie to be entertined, they go to deconstruct a film.[/color][/size][/font]

Helen Mirren on that machine gun was incredible! Each of the characters played into their respective roles perfectly.

http://www.vcreporter.com/site_images_upload/story/2010/10/20/11/film.jpg

Archived