Offing & tipping

brall2
This topic is 5018 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I understand that the cost of "offing" someone depends on one's working status; i.e. dancer, bartender, etc. What is the "GENERAL" cost for "offing" someone? What is the "GENERAL" tipping fee? After arrangements are made, where do most people go to enjoy the services? At the massage places, does the cost include the price for the guy and his tip or are those charges additional?

I may be the only person here who does not understand, but please explain what you mean by "offing". I'm certain that you don't mean killing someone (you don't, do you?) but that's the only definition I know for the verb "offing".

Regarding your other questions, tips are always tips unless they are clearly specified as mandatory. You should always feel free to offer them or not, based on whether you feel the required payment is sufficient for the service provided or not.

BG

I may be the only person here who does not understand, but please explain what you mean by "offing". I'm certain that you don't mean killing someone (you don't, do you?) but that's the only definition I know for the verb "offing".

See http://www.companyofmen.org/showthread.php?71000-Offing-Boys-at-the-Lavender-Lanna-in-Chiang-Mai&daysprune=-1

Kevin Slater

I've only been exposed to the term "offing" when I've hired guys from the bars/clubs in Thailand. The "off" fee means you've taken the guy off the premises, away from the bar. You pay the boy's fee separately.

Some bars have "make out" rooms, but if you desire more intimacy-- then your hotel room would be the place! However, every worker at the Bangkok and Phuket bars/clubs are not available to be "offed." I learned that first hand when I'd only wanted to see one of the performers in the show and was told that he was not available for this sort of activity! I left saddened because all of the other guys were much too young and unappealing for my tastes.

Overall, my experiences with "offing" has been minimal!!

Off fees depend somewhat on the establishment and the location. I think most of the bars in Bangkok are probably about Bt400 these days. I believe it's slightly less in Pattaya. Tipping for short time is, I think, still in the Bt1000 range and long time is Bt1500. I had a boy tell me when I was in BKK last year that short time was Bt1500. And since I stupidly didn't negotiate in advance I just paid it to avoid a scene. But I also didn't off him again after that. So, he got short term gain but nothing long term out of me. But I think he was probably pretty popular anyway. So, make sure you deal with that in advance. The other thing to watch out for is drink prices in bars.

Lots of guys these days are avoiding the bars altogether and just meeting freelancers on gayromeo. No off fees, and generally less in the way of tipping costs as the freelancers will typically settle for lower amounts. But you also don't have any recourse that you may have with a bar if something goes wrong.

In Fort Lauderdale and in Montreal I've been quoted (by the dancers) standard fees for taking them off premises for an hour or so -- I think it was $25 in FL. I've known dancers in Montreal to sneak out without paying the fee. One club in Montreal allows its dancers to end their shifts early (1 am, IIRC) without payment to go to a client's hotel.

Archived