New Orleans

happyguy2
This topic is 5057 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

New Orleans is coming back. Most of the French Quarter was spared by the flood, and the bar scene is quite active. You have your choice of upscale to seedy! There are a couple of gay bath houses, if that is your thing, and a few guys advertize on RB and there are some with reviews on Daddys. As far as hotels go, almost any of the major chain hotels are in very good shape. I am not as familiar with some of the smaller hotels in the French Quarter, as I usually have to stay in a major chain property as I am only in NO on business. I suggest you check out some of the web sites, the Damron Guide or similar sources to get the most up to date information. You should have a great time. I often just enjoy walking around the FQ, cruising the bars, (lots of eye candy) going to the jazz clubs and enjoying the fantastic restaurants.

Thanks so very much. I had forgotten that the French Quarter had been spared. I now remember reading an article in which some people were saying that Katrina was God's punishment for all the homosexuality in NO - yet the area where it is most - was spared! Thanks for reminding me. I am going at the end of the month, so there is still time for more info. I will let you all know of what I find - look forwrard to meeting Eddie and lots of others hopefully...

Thanks so very much. I had forgotten that the French Quarter had been spared. I now remember reading an article in which some people were saying that Katrina was God's punishment for all the homosexuality in NO - yet the area where it is most - was spared! Thanks for reminding me. I am going at the end of the month, so there is still time for more info. I will let you all know of what I find - look forwrard to meeting Eddie and lots of others hopefully...

Maybe Katrina was really punishment for intolerance and hatred...:)

Have a great trip!

Archived