But was I sincere?

happyguy2
This topic is 5080 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I didn't want to hijack the other thread "Was he sincere" so here goes. Ten years ago, I was posted to a special project in Toronto for a year. I went on a long weekend in NYC and bought a lot of stuff at the Polo store. A real hunky guy served me and was super attentive and nice and flirty, too flirty for a guy at least twenty years older than him lol. He even helped carry the stuff to my car ( I really bought a lot). One of the things I bout was a shirt and it was the last of its kind in stock. I jokingly gave him my card with my personal number on it and said, if you ever get more things like you know I like, give me a call. Months went by, and wouldn't you know it he called me - asking when the next time was I would be in NYC and maybe we could meet ? Then, I guessed I got punished by karma for my little test, and I lost his number and we never spoke again.

I guess that test was not very good of me, was it? Any one else ever done something like that? Did it turn out differently for you?

just call the store

That sounds like quite a missed opportunity. But couldn't you have easily just called the store he worked in NYC and asked to speak to him? or at the time, just go back to the store in person when you visited NYC? Sounds like it would have been worth a trip to NY just to go back and see this hunky dude. But that was ten years ago. But time and karma does sometimes have a strange way of playing with us.

I didn't want to hijack the other thread "Was he sincere" so here goes. Ten years ago, I was posted to a special project in Toronto for a year. I went on a long weekend in NYC and bought a lot of stuff at the Polo store. A real hunky guy served me and was super attentive and nice and flirty, too flirty for a guy at least twenty years older than him lol. He even helped carry the stuff to my car ( I really bought a lot). One of the things I bout was a shirt and it was the last of its kind in stock. I jokingly gave him my card with my personal number on it and said, if you ever get more things like you know I like, give me a call. Months went by, and wouldn't you know it he called me - asking when the next time was I would be in NYC and maybe we could meet ? Then, I guessed I got punished by karma for my little test, and I lost his number and we never spoke again.

I guess that test was not very good of me, was it? Any one else ever done something like that? Did it turn out differently for you?

Oh good, I am glad you at least tried. Sounds like something that would happen to me. Sorry you struck out with him. But like karma, maybe it was a good thing in disguise and not meant to be.

Forgot to mention, I did go back and he didn't work there anymore. Even went back to my credit card account to get a copy of the bill with his name on it lol

Guest greatness

Congratulations~~~

We wish you many more happy years here~~~ :)

oh wow, I did not even notice I was upgraded to a Knight? I can't remember what I was before LOL. I tip my armour to you too fellow Knight :)

Archived