Summer fun in Montreal - late June 2010: II

newatthis
This topic is 5097 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tuesday. I'm on my own. After breakfast, I take in the new exhibits at the Contemporary Arts Museum, then stop for hot chocolate at Starbucks in the Village – they have the highest terrace with the best view over the street scene. At 1 pm on a Tuesday, Ste. Cathérine is full of strollers and the restaurant terraces are filled with diners. I bask in the hot sun and cool breeze for an hour, then return to BBV to prepare for my late afternoon appointment with D.

After playtime, D and I sleep for a while, shower, and head over to Campus. D loves these Campus visits, not least (I believe) because he would hesitate to go there on his own. It's now about 6 pm, and the club is full of beguiling dancers I haven't seen previously, including JP, Frederick, and Andy. I also spot Charles of the beautiful eyes, and Carlos, a Mexican with an infectious grin and a winning personality; it's been a year since I've seen him. I instantly regret having D with me; I'd love to spend time with Charles and Carlos. In fact, it looks like I could easily spend several hours here without exhausting the possibilities.

Carlos recognizes me and comes over. As we talk, I whisper my hope he'll be working tomorrow or Thursday so I can do some dances with him. He makes a counteroffer: he'll take both D and me to the back together and won't charge extra to do so. Is he finding D sexy? It wouldn't be the first time D has had this effect on dancers at Campus. D demurs at first, saying he doesn't mind if I go alone. But Carlos talks him, and more surprisingly, me, into it. In the booths, things get hot almost immediately, and it’s not long before I have to decide whether I'm willing to be seen in public in a very embarrassing state. D confides afterward that it is Charles whom he thinks is beautiful; he wishes the offer had come from him.

D heads home after dinner and I stop in at Stock. Taz's management has won me over. He has added a mix of guys more to my taste – not just an isolated one here and there. In addition, he's taken steps to beef up business on traditionally slow Mondays and Tuesdays – there is no cover charge; there are games of chance with prizes (some sort of wheel spin last night, bingo tonight, MC'd by Tiguidoux); and from time to time, the waiters come around with free shooters.

Best of all – Bruno is working tonight. I catch him when he comes off stage; he claims to remember me from last year. We spend some time together at my table and then do some dances. I'm a little disappointed, primarily because, good as he is, the strong sense of connection we had last year isn't there. The ranks of the dancers thin out towards 11:30 and no one left interests me, so I call it a night.

Wednesday. Usual morning routine, augmented by a stop at the ATM and a refill for my cell phone. See a couple of exhibits at the Fine Arts Museum (there's a lot left over for my next visit), including some exquisite necklaces inspired by Cirque du Soleil productions. I hit the Starbucks terrace again for people watching. I think about filling my dance card for the rest of the trip. I canceled my Monday appointment, saw D yesterday, and have a date with M for this afternoon. Maybe a massage for Thursday? I spot one possibility on craigslist. A call confirms his availability, his fee, and the possibility that more is on offer than just massage. He tells me that he used to work at the Apsara massage studio and uses their facilities for incalls. I'm to call him back to firm up a day and time.

I open a web browser and discover that there has been an earthquake on the Ontario/Quebec border. I can't remember noticing anything. Maybe I was in the métro? I check the timing; no, I was at Starbucks, and I'm sure no one around me was reacting to an earthquake either.

Around 2 pm, I get a call from M. He has an upset stomach and doesn’t think he can handle sex this evening. We decide to just go for a drink and catch up. With him out of commission, I definitely want to book some company for tomorrow. Further thought makes me realize that I might as well check out Apsara before committing to the craigslist masseur –they charge less than he does, and lurkerspeaks has given them a ringing endorsement. The reception area is my idea of what a male brothel would be like – a guy at the desk, a couple of cute masseurs hanging around to choose from.

I proceed to Le Drugstore to meet M – he's already ordered beers for us, a local brew that I like quite a bit. Our conversation ranges widely, from the earthquake (he felt it in his office) to the supposed “decline” of the Village. Resident here for 9 years, he finds the idea ludicrous. When we part, I head for Campus. It's even more crowded than last night (tomorrow is la fête nationale), with a mix of previously-encountered and new dancers: Nicola, Alexi (different from last summer's Alexi), Andy. Andy spends a while at the bar with me and I take him to the back (he's Mexican and I'm hoping he'll be another Carlos; he's not). A group of 5 very hot bartenders from Parking settle in stage-side; they catcall and egg the dancers on, making it quite lively.

When I'm dining alone, my first choice is always next door at La Piazzetta, where I can sit at the counter, flirt with a cute waiter I've known for several years, and watch the sexy boys in the kitchen do their thing. Their food is arguably the best value in the Village, consistently good and very fairly priced. For an additional $10 you can turn a main course (even if it's just a pizza) into a full meal, including starter, dessert, and coffee.

I know Bruno won't be working tonight, so decide to skip Stock and make one more try at Taboo. It's about as dead as it was on Sunday and Monday, but beautiful Hugo is still on duty, so I settle in at the bar and decide to hang out for while. I’m joined by A, a sassy blond from Toronto who’s fun to play around with and talk to, though he promises more than he delivers in the back. He even offers to come home with me. We hang around talking for another hour or so. He tells me that he makes more money at Taboo than he did at Campus; while there are fewer customers, he isn't competing with 15-20 other dancers. A few customers wander in and out and the six or so dancers are not bad. I don't regret staying. As I head home around 1 am, the street is still full of people. All the bars’ terraces are full: Club Date, Sky, Drugstore, Aigle Noir, Cocktail, Relaxe, Le Cocktail. Several restaurants are still serving diners and people are lined up waiting to get into Unity.

Montreal Botanic Garden II

No decline in Montreal Botanic Garden beauty; some recent flowers I enjoyed.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x167/edith_piaf/mbg7.jpg

Water Lily in Chinese Garden

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x167/edith_piaf/mbg8.jpg

Daylilies in English Garden

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x167/edith_piaf/mbg9.jpg

Black-Eyed Susans in Jardin Potager

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x167/edith_piaf/mbg10.jpg

Pink Coneflowers in Backyard Garden

Archived