Gabriel (NYC Off-Broadway)

uwsman2
This topic is 5099 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Attended a preview last night of "Gabriel." A bit of drama set on German-occupied Guernsey Island in the British Channel during World War II. A mysterious naked man washes ashore on the beach, is found by some Brits and cared back to consciousness, whence he can't remember who he is (ostensibly). Is he a shot-down Brit pilot, or a hot-shot Gestapo man washed overboard in a boat wreck? Both are possibilities. He speaks both languages fluently. And he is so GORGEOUS that everybody in the cast, male and female, is "hot" for him in some sense. And actor Lee Aaron Rosen, who plays mystery man (named "Gabriel" by the women who find him on the beach), is a total hunk. I thought it was worth seeing.

• 4 weeks later...

A Powerful Production.

I am visiting NYC this weekend and caught a performance of 'Gabriel' Friday night...decided to go after reading your review here, uwsman2. My two teen-age children and I enjoyed it immensely. The opening scene with Libby Woodbridge was absolutely terrific acting. The cast did an outstanding job and the whole show was riveting. The set and lighting is very interesting--great use of the material and space. Of course, I couldn't take my eyes off gorgeous Lee Aaron Rosen! Thanks again for steering us to this Off-Broadway gem.

http://www.berkshirefinearts.com/uploadedImages/articles/1402_All-My-Sons-by-Arthu100077.jpg

Lee Aaron Rosen

Archived