Disturbing News From Across the Pond

Tommy_chelsea
This topic is 5155 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had thought that Europeans were a little more accepting of Gays and Lesbians, but the following story from The Times of London has made me rethink my opinion. Here's the link:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article7102008.ece

From reading the story it's not clear what prompted this attack. Two gay men walking in Piccadilly Circus, minding their own business, should not have to worry about being attacked by drunken teenage girls.

Guest OCBeachbody

Whoa... that is horrible. Three Drunken people just randomly attacked them?

What's worse is that they claim they did no such thing...

That is truly a sad and tragic scene.... people getting beaten to death in public.... surprised that there wasn't a Bobby around, you'd think such public places like that would have a stronger presence for the local police.

Picadilly Cicus is the Times Sq of London and it is always full of rowdy teenagers. I avoid that area like the plaque.

So, it seems from my own recollections, do the police...

As for the OP, I don't think you can judge any society's overall acceptance of minorities based on the actions of drunken teenage girls... ;)

Alan

Guest greatness

So I was wondering

When I first read an news article about the incident, I was wondering what his friend was doing at that time. He could have easily jumped in and protected his friend. There is something missing in the story... It's unfortunate that a gay guy died in the process.

Archived