DC Question

milkman
This topic is 5145 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Do any denizens of DC know what happened to Men's Parties that used to be on 14th St.?

Did they move? Or did something else happen?

When I was in DC last spring they were there but then in the fall there was no sign of them.

Were they raided? Or did they go out of business? Was it somehow connected with the demise of the Blade or the Lambda bookstore?

It seems that a lot of things have changed in DC recently.

I will be going to DC again very soon. Any 411 on that or other things in the current DC scene would be appreciated.

It was closed down

If I recall the newspaper articles correctly, the place was closed after some serious problems. It turned out it was not properly licensed among other infractions. I don't remember if someone died, or was seriously injured from a fall, but there is nothing like that anymore here in DC.

The Crew Club is going strong, although I have not been there. It is also on 14th Street and is on the web... http://www.crewclub.net

Also, the Zegfeld's/Secrets entertainment complex is also going strong with dancers (nude) on Wednesday-Sunday and other events. Check out http://www.secretsdc.com for more information.

DC has a lot to offer, so have a good time while here.

DC again

Thanks for the info Diverdan. Sorry to hear that someone got hurt.

I heard that Ziegfeld's/Secrets is open again in a new location. The old location was not in a very safe area. Is the new location better/safer? Is it reasonable to be out on the street there at night?

Same General Area

If you have a car, I would suggest you drive. Otherwise, I would suggest a cab, or you can take the Metro.. I think the closest station is "Navy Yard". I haven't been there recently, so the best bet would be to call them directly and ask about directions, walking in the area, etc. Enjoy DC.

Archived