Need to vent - frustrating Verizon experience

dcguy20
This topic is 5211 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As I've been having connectivity problems with my Verizon DSL service, I had scheduled a maintenance call for today. I opted for the 1pm-5pm window. At about 2:00 my cell phone rang from a number I did not recognize. When I answered the call, the call was dropped. When I tried calling the number back (figuring it was the Verizon technician), I got an automated message saying I was calling a non-working number.

Called the toll free line and was told not to worry about the missed call because my service ticket was still open.

Fast forward 5 hours and still waiting when I was finally told by a Verizon representative in a foreign country that the technician had indeed tried calling me, but was unable to reach me, so went onto the next client. The clincher after taking a day off of work for this is being asked if would I like to reschedule. WTF!!!

How is it that these companies can get away with this with no recourse for the consumer?? Every time I called Verizon (including my initial call to schedule service) I got a representative in a foreign country.

Is this where the Better Business Bureau can get involved? Any one have any suggestions? Thanks.

BBB to start

Absolutely, call the Better Business Bureau... also try the consumer advocates at the Washington Post and the TV stations... go to the local Verizon Store and speak to the Manager about this... I had a problem like this once and not only did it get fixed, I got a month free service with my apology:)

Hey dood, there's more than one meaning for BUTT on this site!

1. Call Verizon and ask for a US customer service number. Every company with an off-shore call center has an on-shore number for escalated customer service.

2. Remind Verizon that Customer comes from the word, custom, as in Verizon is supposed to customize the service to you. Customer is not from the root of 'cuss some more.' So they shouldn't be driving you to that point. This is their error - the unsatisfactory service of the DSL added to the unsatisfactory service of their repairman.

3. The phone company is regulated by your state's public service commission. Here in California, we can file complaints online at the CalPSC. Do that because the phone company MUST answer to the state for every complaint filed against them.

4. Now the plum, see if Verizon has FIOs in your neighborhood. If they do, ask them to upgrade your service to FIOs for free. Or ask them to WAIVE the monthly fee for six months because your service has been so poor and their efforts to repair it were unsatisfactory, also. I have gotten three to six months in waived fees or in 'credit' on my account just by asking.

5. Seek an alternative. I left ATT DSL for Time-Warner Cable. Lowered my costs for 3 months and now have 10 x the speed of ATT DSL.

Archived