Weir On His Detractors

MsGuy
This topic is 5197 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

""Every little boy should be so lucky as to turn into me. And that's all I have to say about that."

I've read quite a bit of speculation that Olympic judges low balled Weir's scores because of his flamboyant mannerisms. Some articles say flat out that the powers that be of the skating establishment are worried that the public will see the sport as too gay, lowering attendance at events and reducing parental support for boys wishing to train as figure skaters.

Several sports analysts have made mocking comments about Weir on-air, including these two from Canada. http://www.xtra.ca/public/Vancouver/Weir_should_undergo_gender_testing_sports_broadcaster-8277.aspx

Seems to me that anybody who aims to convince the American public that figure skating is any less gay than ballet is delusional. Be that as it may, it's a shame when our figure skating Olympic commitee discourages athletes from coming out of the closet.

Queen of Roses perhaps, but not Too Gay.

Why on Earth would anyone think Johnny Weir is too Gay? Seriously, I like that he has an independent voice and marches to his own beat.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01581/johnny_weir_1581840c.jpg

Sad but True

Unfortunately, It seems so common in any activity where lots of money is involved (sports, music, even film). It's sad to see that so many in high positions are more concerned with their franchises rather than the very people who make these franchises possible.

This is true whether you like Weir or not.

Archived