Ibiza, Spain still a gay hotspot?

tony
This topic is 5211 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

First, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, so please guide me if I am mistaken. I was wondering if any of you have been to Ibiza in Spain lately and if it's still a very hot gay spot with lots of sexual possibilities and gay nightlife.

If so, please suggest something to do or place to stay that would be for a trip around june or july.

If not, where else in Europe, or the USA for that matter, would you suggest with the same attributes? (Great gay nightlife and chances to hook up with 35+ year olds, not kids.

Montreal, Palm Springs, Barcelona(SItges) been there, done that, but anyplace else, please suggest.. THANK YOU. Language not a problem.

Thank you! I was in Mykonos about 3 years ago but just on a quick cruise ship stop. Is it worth staying there 3 days or so? It just seemed very relaxed and small, but oh so beautiful.

Berlin is a great city, but am lost as to gay nightlife there. Have been with straight friends and not really explored that side of it.

Thank you again for your advice, and any more would also be welcomed. Nothing on Ibiza, I guess it must be past its heyday.

Mykonos is gorgeous.

Been there in 1983, 1987, 2000 and 2007.

Since my first trip there I discovered gay paradise. Back then it was much more quaint and "simple", I have seen it growing, now it has devolepped a lot, but still remains a beautiful island with gorgeous beaches and waters, with an amazing gay life.

Super Paradise beach is 100% gay and very wild and busy during July/August.

Elia beach is 99% gay, very beautiful!

Personally I prefer middle June or middle September, but to each his taste!

Definitely a place not to miss, superior to Ibiza (been there in 1981 and 1986, very beautiful but already quite developped, and it was mixed gay and wild straight....but I heard it has become "straighter").

Thanks so much for the tips on Mykonos and Ibiza. I need to look up how to get to Mykonos (easier from Rome or Athens?) having been tere only on a cruise ship, and also places to stay.

I have some reseacrh to do. Thank you both.

Ibiza is now very "mixed" - it attracts a hip, fashion crwod which is gay-friendly but not necessarily gay. Much the same could be said of Mykonos.

Sitges is a more obvious gay destination. Whilst it attracts many Spanish families and has many of the attributes of a well-established mainstream resort, it also has a long-established liberal tradition. There is a large gay beach in the centre of town and several gay clubs.

Archived