New Orleans, Super Bowl, the Saints

kjun
This topic is 5240 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

To those of you who don't know much about New Orleans and know only bad things about the place:

This Super Bowl win means a lot. It has been a shot in the arm to a patient that has been in a lingering state. Since Katrina the city has just been hanging on and existing. There is now a new lively and vivacious spirit. The place is always ready for a party but this is true excitement.

Add to this mixture a new mayor who, hopefully, will be better than his predecessors and it may be a new great time for a grand old lady. Please wish them luck!

Guest TBinCHI

I have always loved nawlins from my college days through the beer goggles to the later trips and the hurricane goggles! The food, the atmosphere, the boys. Haven't been there since Katrina so maybe a trip is in order! I'm so glad the saints won!

As a former Louisiana resident, I must admit that tears came to my eyes in the fourth quarter when it became clear that the Saints were going to actually win this game. Never have I felt so emotionally invested in the outcome of a sporting event.

NOLA needed something positive to help turn the city around after Katrina. Hopefully the election of Mitch Landrieu as mayor will finally begin the renewal the city so desperately needs.

I will be visiting the city on business in two weeks and am very much looking forward to experiencing the new vibe.

Archived