Spartacus - The TV show on Starz

EXPAT
This topic is 4852 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.scifiscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/spartacus-1.jpg

http://www.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/tca_02.jpg

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/100/1006705/AndyWhitfieldasSpartacus2_1248376800_640w.jpg

http://www.popartsplace.com/uploaded_images/image010-741020.jpg

Best of Spartacus

Brooklyn Guy, on this one, you would be wrong. Last Friday night's show included full frontal nudity for a couple of major hotties -- if you like very muscular, bodybuilder types (and I do). I, for one, do not care about plot or dialogue. Just keep showing all that partial -- and total--male nudity. I will keep watching every Friday!

The main dude they showed full frontal (obviously a lover to the wife of the guy who runs the gladiator "school" Spartacus is in) is HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

I like the Spartacus and would like to see Romann take him and his buddies down!!

I do have a Gladiator skirt in my collection though mine is genuine leather with studs on them. I never get to wear it though so it hangs in my closet and has become a toy for my cat to bat at with her paws. ;)

Guest Pecsntex

Spartacus is not as good as Rome. I don't remember the bad language in Rome, I guess it's because I have such a bad potty mouth myself.

A large penis is always welcome!

Is it any better than the series "Rome"? That show seemed to have the f-bomb dropped every other sentence.

Remeber the scene when Atia is seelcting a slave to send to someone as a peace offering; she picks the ugly but horse-hung one, with the explanation 'A large penis is always welcome!' (according to IMDB, although I would have sworn she said 'cock'.)

Is it any better than the series "Rome"? That show seemed to have the f-bomb dropped every other sentence.

"Rome" was better and had sub-plots. At the same time it pretty much stuck to Roman history with a few harmless strays into "poetic license." "Spartacus" is a one trick pony.

Guest Pecsntex
I do have a Gladiator skirt in my collection though mine is genuine leather with studs on them. I never get to wear it though so it hangs in my closet and has become a toy for my cat to bat at with her paws. ;)

We should find a good reason for you to wear your Gladiator skirt, and any other leather you have. Won't a Gladiator fight be perfect for Hooville?:rolleyes:

Billy Herrington

Damn nice of you Mark to bring back some Billy Herrington Memories! :D

This Jersey Guy always did it for me on Film.. even IF he was rumored to be Gay for Pay!

I remember seeing this one with "Tom Katt" sitting in the Corner, looking all Sexy, BUT I could never fiqure out why they bothered leaving him in his Corner and not joining in? :eek:

He did have one of the Finest BUTTS in the Biz!

Remeber the scene when Atia is seelcting a slave to send to someone as a peace offering; she picks the ugly but horse-hung one, with the explanation 'A large penis is always welcome!' (according to IMDB, although I would have sworn she said 'cock'.)

It was "large penis is always appreciated", with a sort of quizzical tone since she couldn't understand why in the world her daughter might suggest otherwise.

• 11 months later...

This just might be worth the Time following up....Damn I just saw the "Spartacus Prequal" 1 Hour Encore Show.... I'm loving all the Muscle running around! I wasn't ready for the long kiss by the 2 Hunky Gladiator's either! Sexually there's something for everyone!

Ganicus The Gladiator is Hot! Pure Sex Appeal! He looks like Colin Farrell after a couple of Years in the Gym!

Have watched most of the last season - bored with nothing much else on late, and at least they do have eye candy, though the women in the show really grate on my nerves.... saw also scenes from the pre-quel and was no sure I would even bother, though the guys are hunkay as said above.

Is this best show ever, of course not, but for what it is... ie, nudity, sex, violence, blood, eye candy, bitchy women, conniving men in power, etc., etc., etc., I find myself watching it. I think the prequel is probably better than the first season. They could only go backwards because some of the main characters were killed. I hearken back to Rome, OZ and a few other shows like that which paved the way for other shows to deal with controversial topics.

DD

I haven't seen any of the new season yet, but I did follow the first season on DVD. At first I was really put off by the appallingly brutal violence. But a friend (woman) said to keep watching and give it a chance. Ultimately I enjoyed the show, and not just for the obvious eye candy which was right down my alley as to type. Some of you guys write about the show as though you never watch anything that qualified as a guilty pleasure. Just enjoy it for what it is!

Maybe my first comments were not clear - although I find the dialogue inane, and some of the characters awful, I have not missed a single week, and have seen many of the repeats. Just last night was getting hot and bothered as we almost saw one of the stars get into a homoerotic scene with a Roman official.... yeah! The eye candy - and the variety of it - make me overlook all the bad parts. It is truly a guilty pleasure.

I bought the first season on DVD and had a ball watching it. The dialogue is like total "camp" but the hotties on display are to die for if you're into super muscle. And the guy who played Spartacus was a total hotty. The reason they are now in a prequel season is because the actor who played Spartacus has cancer and was unable to continue. So they decided to film a prequel season while looking for a replacement. They recently announced the replacement, a young actor with big muscles who actually looks a lot like the guy they are replacing. So filming for the second season will be getting under way. The first season ended with the gladiator revolt where they killed their "master" and his conniving wife and escaped to the hills. The second season will presumably focus on the famous Spartacus-led rebellion of the gladiator slaves. Which means we'll probably see less skin because there won't be gladiatorial training and combat. So the scripts will have to be a whole lot better or they'll lose everybody who was watching mainly for the glorious flesh.

Archived