Arrival time

dfw2sfo
This topic is 5247 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Should one ring your doorbell at the time of the appointment or be in and ready to go at the time? Probably different for different people. Some may not carewhile pthers may be annoyed by ringing the bell 5 minutes early. I usually wait until the moment my cell phone strikes the appointed hour.

Should one ring your doorbell at the time of the appointment or be in and ready to go at the time? Probably different for different people. Some may not carewhile pthers may be annoyed by ringing the bell 5 minutes early. I usually wait until the moment my cell phone strikes the appointed hour.

I always call first if I'm going to be early. I know for me personally, I am more annoyed when someone is unannounced early as opposed to late...I might be in the shower or something like that. Especially for incalls...my s/o usually leaves our place 10 minutes before I have one scheduled. More than once I've had someone show up 30-40 minutes early and I have to make them wait in the car while my s/o leaves and I finish getting straightened up.

Imho

This is actually a great question!

Only speaking for myself, I try to treat my appointments like interviews in the respect that showing up 10 minutes early is best. I say that is based on what I was taught in college business classes and again in my graduate studies last year. Though, I also know that many circumstances are beyond my control when traveling to a client location that have in a number of instances have put me at the door right on time. Plus, I require a contact number in order to book appointments and I will try to keep the client updated on when I'm heading out the door and of course when arriving just in case they're ready 5 or 10 minutes early. If not, I'm certainly comfortable waiting in the lobby or outside till the exact appointment time - no worries. Honestly, I've never encountered a problem with it or at least no one has said anything to me. Communication is key.

As for situations where the client shows up early (again, 5-10 minutes before the actual arranged time) in most instances, we've already been communicating via email, phone and/or text in which they've kindly let me know that they have arrived early which I appreciate very much. Communication is key.

Planning is important and I like to allow myself plenty of time to get ready so that I'm not pressed in the last 15 minutes. For me, it's best that I allow a good half hour as a buffer because things have a way of popping up. Planning coupled with communication is key. :)

Of course this all revolves around what works for me and may be quite different for others.

Slurp!

Though, you could turn that situation around (client showing up while you're in the shower) and work it in as a hot welcoming at the door. You, covering yourself with a small hand towel that you **accidentally** grabbed instead of an actual towel (yeah right!) with beads of water dribbling down your chiseled chest and torso.

It's all how you look at it! ;)

I always call first if I'm going to be early. I know for me personally, I am more annoyed when someone is unannounced early as opposed to late...I might be in the shower or something like that. Especially for incalls...my s/o usually leaves our place 10 minutes before I have one scheduled. More than once I've had someone show up 30-40 minutes early and I have to make them wait in the car while my s/o leaves and I finish getting straightened up.

Guest RyanCade
Though, you could turn that situation around (client showing up while you're in the shower) and work it in as a hot welcoming at the door. You, covering yourself with a small hand towel that you **accidentally** grabbed instead of an actual towel (yeah right!) with beads of water dribbling down your chiseled chest and torso.

It's all how you look at it! ;)

Great visual Romann, and I agree... Slurp! :D

Archived