Me and Orson Welles

uwsman2
This topic is 5310 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This indy flick got a great review from the NY Times and went to the top of my list of new releases to see. Only playing in two small theaters in Manhattan that show indy films. What a purely delightful entertainment!! Zac Efron grows up and proves he can really act while continuing to look adorable. And everyone else in the cast is superb. A period recreation of one of the great events of early 20th century theater - the imaginative staging of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar by Orson Welles and the Mercury Theater Company. This is one of those "behind the scenes in the theater" movies, and it is totally engrossing, truly wonderful. No, you don't see any skin, but you see superb actors having a marvelous time recreating a sacred slice of theatrical history.

This indy flick got a great review from the NY Times and went to the top of my list of new releases to see. Only playing in two small theaters in Manhattan that show indy films. What a purely delightful entertainment!! Zac Efron grows up and proves he can really act while continuing to look adorable. And everyone else in the cast is superb. A period recreation of one of the great events of early 20th century theater - the imaginative staging of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar by Orson Welles and the Mercury Theater Company. This is one of those "behind the scenes in the theater" movies, and it is totally engrossing, truly wonderful. No, you don't see any skin, but you see superb actors having a marvelous time recreating a sacred slice of theatrical history.

Agree with you completely. I thought it was delightful and came out of nowhere. Efron is a total cutie and he can act too! Loved it. Highly recommended.

Archived