Black Friday computer deals?

skynyc
This topic is 5299 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I recently switched to a MAC (well 2 years ago) and I moved my old hard drive data to a portable disk drive and then copied them into the new MAC. Very easy and very simple to incorporate those photos into iPhoto on the Mac.

When you get your next Mac, it will be even easier. The migration assistant will tell you to hook up your Mac's with a cable (or you can do it over a network, but it will be slower). If you tell it you want to transfer everything, it will. You don't have to do anything except wait an hour. When you reboot your new Mac, it will look exactly like your old Mac, with all your stuff exactly where you left it. [/bandwagon]

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try ebay as Looking suggested also sometimes http://www.woot.com has computers and laptops on sale for a good price. Another option is http://www.bing.com, you can comparision shop and find some good deals there if black Friday doesn't work out for you. Personally I HATE black Friday because on the super good deals you'll need to camp out all night Thursday and it's just not worth it since the super good deals are only stocked with just a few items.

Hugs,

Greg

Thank you!

Thanks for all the advice and information. This is my first post from my new MacBook Pro. And I love it so far. Although it basically took me 24 hours to get it set up. The folks at the Apple Store on 14th St. were terrific and I got several bargains as part of their Black Friday specials.

Again, thanks for your input. I am all ready STUNNED at how quick the internet works.

Have a great holiday season.

Skynyc

Archived