Boo! Happy halloween!

Michael Vincenzo
This topic is 5317 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

omg... the hottest guy, in the hottest scene, in the hottest film i ever saw in my young gay life is an animal rights activist too?? i think i'm going to pass out, this is too much perfection in one human being... go away! xoxo

You are too kind and I am very flattered by your compliments. I think I will be forced to go away now that I have pigeon-holed myself into an even smaller group....gay, vegan, hooker. Is there a support group for me? hee! hee!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Organic rules now are geared mainly toward ensuring meat labeled organic comes from animals raised without hormones or chemicals.

"I think consumers expect organic regulations to cover all aspects of animal welfare, including slaughter and transportation," Dehne said. "If we need to tighten the regulations in regard to processing facilities, and come up with guidelines to address more humane transportation, I think we would respond to the expectations of the organic consumer."

But another organic farmer also said:

“That’s not right, that’s really nasty,” said Paul Stecker, an organic dairy farmer from Cabot, after watching the video on the Humane Society’s Web site. “I wouldn’t be in this business if that’s the way it was. That’s not the norm, I can tell you that.”

I suspect that the video depicted the exception rather than the rule of organic farming. At least these abuses are being exposed....

...From the research that I have done, the best intentions seem to be contradictory to economic sense. Still, I am optimistic that we will, one day, live in a world where the motive for money does not supersede kindness.

[/url]

Perhaps if the market demand for animal protein diminished then the "motive for money" etc. would be easier to handle? In my mind it's always been a "cart before the horse" - or dare I say "what came first the chicken or the egg" issue. :) Ultra efficient animal husbandry might not ever have come about if there wasn't a demand for the product.

It's similar to putting substantial blame on the fast food industry for health woes. If ALL the fast food restaurants in the nation closed - would obesity magically go away?

P.S. I'm all for humane treatment of animals anytime/anywhere, just stating another side of the story here.

Archived