Toronto

Michael Vincenzo
This topic is 5412 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am considering a visit to Toronto and need some advice. Although I have been to Toronto many times, my visit was to spend time with one client and I really didn't pay much attention to the layout of the city. Is anyone here familiar with Toronto? If so, can you suggest a hotel or area of Toronto that I should look for a hotel? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Michael. I would recommend the Sutton Place. It's not too expensive, but quite nice. You'd be near the gay ghetto, the bars, the subway, and most of the shopping. In general, I'd say you want to be within walking distance of Bloor and Yonge. There are a lot of hotels further south down Yonge Street (near the Eaton's Centre and the City Hall), but the neighbourhood is not so nice. When are you planning to go?

Michael

You may want to try to Marriott Bloor Yorkville. It is in a nice area close to shops, restaurants and also a very short walk to the gay ghetto. IMHO the area is very safe and the walk to the bars, clubs etc is only 5-10minutes. I think the rates would be very reasonable as well.

Maybe you might also consider a trip to Vancouver in the future as well?

There are tons and tons of nice hotels in downtown Toronto. I used to stay pretty frequently at the Delta Chelsea when I was up there on a regular basis. It is the biggest hotel in town so you can be pretty anonymous there if that is what you are after. The Courtyard by Marriott further up Yonge St is pretty nice and a short walk to the gay ghetto.

There are lots of corporate apartment type places too which can be a great value with more space for your money but no room service and so forth like you get in a hotel.

A lot depends on your budget. Do you like boutique properties or bigger hotels? Do you collect hotels points at a particular chain? It's an easy city to get around via subway or streetcar. If you want to stay on the lakefront there are some options down there but it is a bit cutoff from the rest of the city.

Archived