Any Personal Experience with Testosterone Supplementation

Gar1eth
This topic is 5470 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

"Military Medicine is the official monthly journal of the Association of Military Surgeons of the United States. Articles published in the journal are peer-reviewed scientific papers, case reports, and editorials. The journal also publishes letters to the editor and book reviews. The journal began publication in 1892 as The Military Surgeon."

Why do you think it is not a peer reviewed journal without even correctly checking the journal? I am not trying to argue with you or try to prove you are wrong.

Well, at least you returned with something. I'll give you credit for that! Nevertheless, this is not a peer-review journal, first of all.

You are right. I incorrectly assumed it wasn't peer reviewed because I hadn't heard of it. Still, there isn't any evidence that E. hartmanii causes disease; the fact that no other cause was found in that patient does not prove it causes disease, especially since viral causes weren't entertained. There are a lot of professionals, however, who prey on those who need hope with pseudo-science. I think that to this day, molecular biologist Professor Duesberg denies HIV causes AIDS (which I can hardly believe he even believes himself; I think he just likes the notoriety).

For me to believe E. hartmanii causes disease, I would need to see scientific evidence of such a claim, not a letter to the editor (which is just someone's opinion), or an article which simply made an assumption that E. hartmanii caused disease (this military journal article). I'm certainly prepared to admit it if I'm wrong (as I'm admitting I was wrong about that journal not being peer reviewed--although perhaps it's not adequately peer-reviewed).

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Military Medicine is the official monthly journal of the Association of Military Surgeons of the United States. Articles published in the journal are peer-reviewed scientific papers, case reports, and editorials. The journal also publishes letters to the editor and book reviews. The journal began publication in 1892 as The Military Surgeon."

Why do you think it is not a peer reviewed journal without even correctly checking the journal? I am not trying to argue with you or try to prove you are wrong.

You are right. I incorrectly assumed it wasn't peer reviewed because I hadn't heard of it. Still, there isn't any evidence that E. hartmanii causes disease; the fact that no other cause was found in that patient does not prove it causes disease, especially since viral causes weren't entertained. There are a lot of professionals, however, who prey on those who need hope with pseudo-science. I think that to this day, molecular biologist Professor Duesberg denies HIV causes AIDS (which I can hardly believe he even believes himself; I think he just likes the notoriety).

For me to believe E. hartmanii causes disease, I would need to see scientific evidence of such a claim, not a letter to the editor (which is just someone's opinion), or an article which simply made an assumption that E. hartmanii caused disease (this military journal article). I'm certainly prepared to admit it if I'm wrong (as I'm admitting I was wrong about that journal not being peer reviewed--although perhaps it's not adequately peer-reviewed).

Guys--I appreciate the attention to my original posting and that both of you feel strongly about whether E. hartmanii causes episodes of gastrointestinal disturbances in humans--but can we get back to the original topic?

Thanks,

Gman

Guest greatness

Sorry

I am sorry for this.

Guys--I appreciate the attention to my original posting and that both of you feel strongly about whether E. hartmanii causes episodes of gastrointestinal disturbances in humans--but can we get back to the original topic?

Thanks,

Gman

Archived