Netbooks

jasoncarter_dfw
This topic is 5471 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have an Acer netbook but it has XP os on it so I can't speak for Linux. But netbooks as a whole I highly req them so long as you don't need to play cd's or dvd's on them since they are not outfitted for them unless you bring an external with you. The screens are smaller so not all websites will be able to be viewed properly and having such a small keyboard typing does take some getting used to if you have big fingers. I have small fingers so typing is usually pretty easy. With the netbook only weighing a couple pounds it's easy to tote around. My last trip to Chicago I went into a Cubs store and found a plastic type insulated lunch box that fits the netbook and plug in cord perfectly. So when traveling people thingk I have my lunch or snacks in the thing but it's my netbook. Also watch out for that AT&T plan some places are offering as a package. AT&T's wireless internet sucks the big one and it ain't none too good. I've tried using it in SF, Seattle and Chicago and was repeatedly dropped and often times couldn't get reconnected unless I restarted the netbook. So stay away from AT&T. For now I just connect through the hotel or if I am at a coffee shop I connect that way. When the new Palm Pre comes out I'll use that to tether and connect that way. Sorry I couldn't answer about the os but hope this little bit I have mentioned does help. So over all I give the netbook a solid 4 star. It is simple and gets the job done.

Hugs,

Greg

Archived