Bedbugs

LIguy
This topic is 5191 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another tip here. Never place or pack your luggage on the hotel bed. This will reduce the chance of bugs getting into your bags. Most hotels offer a luggage stand in the closet. Use it. My bags are always kept on the luggage rack or a chair just to keep them elevated off the floor.

You'd be surprised what can slither or hop into your bags in a hotel closet. :eek:

Another tip here. Never place or pack your luggage on the hotel bed. This will reduce the chance of bugs getting into your bags. Most hotels offer a luggage stand in the closet. Use it. My bags are always kept on the luggage rack or a chair just to keep them elevated off the floor.

You'd be surprised what can slither or hop into your bags in a hotel closet. :eek:

Oh dear lord if we needed a cure for Up in the Air George Clooney never putting down roots. I think we just found it.

Bed,Bath and Beyond now sells a bedbug repellent.I saw it advertised on one of the bedbug websites.I picked up a bottle but I never got it home.Stopped by my brother's home and he was heading out on another business trip and I gave it to him.Just ask them at the store for the bedbug repellant.

Well, as has been said, bedbugs crawl up to 20 feet for a blood meal, and theoretically they can get up on furniture whether it's a bed or a chair. Take security even one step further - keep your luggage on that luggage stand in the bathroom where you can put each leg of the stand in a small cup or bottle lid and fill it with water to make a moat around each foot so bedbugs can't cross the water to get into your luggage. I don't think bedbugs leap or jump like fleas, so if they just crawl, that would be a deterrent (just make sure nothing touches the walls).

Guest OCBeachbody

So far I been lucky and have got a bed bug infestation so far. But yeah great Idea to throw the bed cover off the bed. Although Roaches, Bed Bus, and ant, are a problem... I hate finding spiders in my room.... ack!!

So far I been lucky and have got a bed bug infestation so far. But yeah great Idea to throw the bed cover off the bed. Although Roaches, Bed Bus, and ant, are a problem... I hate finding spiders in my room.... ack!!

I had a scorpion in bed once and got stung

Take security even one step further - keep your luggage on that luggage stand in the bathroom where you can put each leg of the stand in a small cup or bottle lid and fill it with water to make a moat around each foot so bedbugs can't cross the water to get into your luggage.

That would be effective, however I think my clients would freak out if they came into my hotel room and discovered I'd thought it prudent to take such extraordinary measures.

Bedbugs are a huge problem in Toronto, with about half of the downtown rental high-rises being listed on bedbugregistry.com with reports of current or recent infestations. Not including mine, fortunately.

Archived