Sauna Alterosas - The end of a series of false rumors

imrthr
This topic is 5523 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For those of us who spend a lot of time in Brazil, particularly in Sao Paulo, I want to advise readers that the countless rumors about Sauna Alterosas reopening are false.

Earlier this year I heard many rumors from garotos and other Americans and Brazilians claiming that Alterosas was being remodeled and would reopen on February 1. February 1 came and went and there was no reopening.

Then I heard more false reports that the remodeling was delayed because the sauna would reopen with nicer facilities and that Alteraosas would reopen March 1. There was no such reopening.

I continued to hear various versions about the supposed reopenining of Altersas but all such stories ended up being false.

Yesterday, I decided to go out to Alterosas to see for myself whether Alterosas was in process of remodeling and whether it was nearly ready to reopen.

To my disappointment, the facility was shackled shut with a large chain on the gate leading to the entrance. Moreover, there was a huge sign that stated the building was for rent. There was also a larger sign that said the building was for sale.

There was no evidence of any activity. My visit was about 2 o´clock in the afternoon on Saturday which is when one would normally see lots of cars parked in the area and lots of garotos and clients arriving.

Thus, Sauna Alterosas that was in business nearly thirty seven has slipped into history.

I believe the police raid on the facility that happened a couple of years ago together with the robbery of last year had a great deal to do with the demise of the sauna.

Your update is tremendously appreciated imrthr. In 2006 my friend and I managed to go there on a Saturday afternoon, and although neither of us connected with any of the guys, "our doing and choosing," this particular sauna was indeed a different sort of breed as experienced at the other two saunas in Sao Paulo as well as those in Rio.

In reading your account and thinking-- I am truly glad that he and I got a sense of this particular venue, and it is unfortunate that it, too, has seen its days and nights come to an end!

Archived