Johnny's in Fort Lauderdale

stripfan
This topic is 5893 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

is under new ownership.

One of the former partners in the Boardwalk has purchased Johnny's. Seems to be trying to make it a go and is currently remodeling the bar while remaining open. I know he is making an aggressive push for dancers.

Johnny's was always hit or miss, but lately alot more miss. I wish the new owner best of luck. If anyone has gone recently, please post an update.

http://www.johnnysbarfl.com

(takes you to myspace page.)

stripfan

Guest Tristan

I haven't gone yet. I'm waiting for them to finish the remodeling and get their new crew of dancers together.

They're running ads in the local gay rags, and I assume elsewhere, for 5-star dancers. They will fly them in from anywhere, airfare and lodging paid. That could be interesting. We shall see.

Guest msclonly

What FtLuad needs .......

is a place like the one with college HUNKS like the place on Sunshine or Sunburst Blvd. That was the best in Flooida at the time and perhaps of all time.

Strange it just closed down.

Twinkies seem the flavor of the day, now, everywhere!

:-(

Johnny's - Work in Progress

Years ago, Johnny's stripper bar in Fort Lauderdale attracted a good crowd and 12-15 cute twink dancers a night. Then conditions deteriorated and the crowds dwindled and not many dancers were around. All stripper bars go through cycles. In recent years, there has been no advertising for the bar, and when I have looked in during the past two years, there were 5-6 customers and 3-4 dancers. All of that has changed now. The new ownership is obviously making great efforts.

Last night the bar was packed, more people in the bar than I have ever seen before, both customers and dancers. There were perhaps 30 dancers.

This is a twink bar; if you don't care for twinks, don't even think of going. You will be bored and probably angry. But you should not go if you are looking for something else - they do not pretend to be anything else. If you enjoy twinks, this is the best twink stripper bar in the U.S.

To handle parking, they now have valet parking and use the company parking lot across the street. Valet parking is $5 and you receive a coupon for a free drink. There is no cover, so you can't lose. Three very pleasant young men were handling parking, and they wore "uniforms" of tan knit shirts and khaki shorts.

There is some construction going on in the pool table room; I am not sure what is finally intended, but I am quite willing to give them time and see. The atmosphere was very pleasant and happy last night. The dancers were all twinks between 18-22, it appeared. None were the baby-faced variety and none had ribs showing, but all were smooth and slender and youthful. I do not mean to be unkind, but they were not as striking in physical beauty as some of the dancers at Taboo. They tend to be "ordinary" young guys. (But then the customers were not Hollywood hunks either.) There were some White dancers, some Hispanic, some Black, and some mixtures. All of the dancers I met spoke very good English and were pleasant and articulate. I would like to spend some more time with Mikey, Aris, and Aaron. For the first time in a long time, there was an mc (a large drag queen), who did not try to dominate the action but did announce the names of the dancers and kept things moving. There are now two stages: the one at the front had 2-3 dancers at all times and the stage at the opposite end had two dancers at all times. When the dancers are not onstage, they were all circulating to pick up tips, and you got to meet every one if you wished. No one hung with a favorite customer all night.

If you don't enjoy twinks, do not go. But if you enjoy twinks, and obviously a lot of guys do, Johnny's is undergoing a Renaissance which looks very promising. If you like being in the company of 30 nearly naked twinks who are eager to dance and chat with you, Johnny's offers many pleasures. A number of dancers wore bikini briefs with images (flowers, Superman, etc). It is still a stripper bar in transition, but the new owners have only had a few weeks so far to change things. It is worth supporting them, I think, and encouraging even more changes.

Guest zipperzone

RE: Johnny's - Work in Progress

One question, One comment.

You mention "nearly naked dancers" Does this mean there is no total nudity?

No matter how pleasant the valet car parkers are, I don't think I would feel comfortable leaving them with my car keys. I'd prefer for them to just show me where to park and let me do the rest with the keys going back into my pocket.

RE: Johnny's - Work in Progress

That's right. Nudity isn't allowed at any of the strip bars in Ft. Lauderdale. and Johnny's doesn't even have a lap dance area.

Thanks for posting the pics. Hopefully people can now see why I was so disappointed at Johnny's. I have nothing against twinks (there are many I think are really hot) but I only pay for good looking, in shape guys. And Skyler wasn't there the night I visited. To be honest, I don't care if its a work in progress; I'll spend my money there when they have a product worth paying for. They had it about 5 years ago and I hope they will again!

I would not advise any of my friends to waste their time or money at Johnny's today.

Archived