TORONTO - SNEAKERS closed

twinkboylover28
This topic is 6107 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I suppose this is "old news" as it occurred a year ago, but I recently was informed that Sneakers famous hustler/rent boy gay bar in Toronto is closed.

I guess Remingtons is the only alternative, as the "stroll" is virtually shut down due to police enforcement.

http://queerwestvillagetoronto.blogspot.com/2006/12/gay-toronto-on-move.html

With the recent closure of Sneakers, a rent-boys bar on Yonge St., young male prostitutes have no place to hang-out now and many of the bars on Church St. have upped the price of bottled beer to $8.50 to discourage them and placed signs in bar windows, that the former Sneaker Bar boys are not welcome at their establishment.

The bar is still there but it's no longer Sneakers. I didn't make an effort to check it when I was there in December. The rainbow flag was absent and I assummed it now caters to a different crowd. Gone are the boys that hang around the corner store or walk from the corner to the bat.

It was bound to happen: there were a few people who patronized Sneakers and the quality of boys that hang around the bar were not top-grade quality.

Archived