Taboo has new website

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 6170 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The only part that seems to be new is the photos of the just-concluded Mr. Taboo contest. The portfolios and videos have been there for some time, and include quite a few guys who are no longer dancing.

Was anyone else as disappointed as I was by the dancers in the Mr. Taboo photos? As a group, they seem quite unattractive by usual standards (with a few exceptions).

• 4 weeks later...

>I also noticed no mention of the new Monday night

>dance party. Does anyone know if it is continuing

>beyond its recent well-attended debut?

I was in Montreal last Monday(June 25)and Taboo was still staging the new Monday night dance venue. I dropped in at 9:00 pm and the place was dead. I returned later around 10:00 pm and there were only a handful of people, so I guess things really don't get going until quite late.

RE: Taboo's Boys' Night Out Monday Dance Night

Funny, I was there that same Monday. Mtlover and I had much the same experience as you, except that cute Tyler at the door took our $3 cover, stamped our hands with a peace sign, and suggested we come back after 10:30. So we hung out at Stock for a while and when we got back, the place was full.

We were impressed with how nicely it had been redecorated. The tables had been moved against the walls to create a dance floor; there were sofas along the walls as well. The table/sofa area was semi-secluded from the dance floor by draped fabric, which allowed quite a bit of privacy. (Mtlover was immediately dragged to a sofa by a certain Campus dancer who had taken a shine to him and his massage skills; my lips are sealed about how long they stayed.)

Several of the lap dance stools were placed strategically around the dance floor, and, when the spirit moved them (there was no remuneration for this, I was told) some of the cute dancers would do go-go routines on them -- not completely nude, however.

The usual lap dance back room was also furnished with sofas and afforded another private area for talking and making out. Contrary to [a href=http://m4m.m4m-forum.org/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=18&topic_id=15714&mesg_id=15714] an early report by firecat[/a], boys were not available to do lap dances this night.

The crowd was very interesting. Predominantly young males in their 20's (many of them shirtless and very hot), but girls (Ghislain, who was serving, remarked "the only time women are allowed here") and older guys as well. People dropped in and out. I recognized dancers and former dancers from several of the clubs. World-class masseur Steve showed up with some friends. He remarked that Taboo had filled a gap; until now there had been no place to go out and dance in the Village on Mondays.

The general openness of spirit that characterizes Montreal was evident. The whole feeling was very accepting and comfortable. Everyone -- gay, straight, male, female, older, younger -- was having a good time and, so far as I could tell, comfortable with the mix of people. I'm certainly a good test case myself, since I'm older and usually feel like I have 2 left feet when I dance -- at Taboo, I was in there dancing and feeling good about it with everyone else.

I'm not expert enough to comment on the music -- perhaps mtlover will chime in here. The DJ sat on the stage and occasionally came down and danced with us. Ex-dancer and regular bartender Criss was on duty, and drinks were half the usual price.

RE: Taboo's Boys' Night Out Monday Dance Night

A very fine recap and I agree completetly with your assessment. (My sofa time with the Campus dancer was indeed a highlight :p )

As far as the music, the crowd was agreeing very much with the DJ's

selections/direction...(I tend to like more vocal/house/anthems which I was happy to hear all weekend at TOOLS...but is seems it's tough to escape the break beats or hip hop at the clubs for the 'youngsters'...)

I just booked a return trip to Montreal for September and while we normally leave on a Monday, we've decided to leave on Tuesday this trip

in order to take in the Monday night Taboo fun.

Archived