Montreal

bradhw
This topic is 6276 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm headed up to Montreal at the end of this month. Haven't been there since the Stock fire. How are things up there these days? Any sightings of Danny? And any recent insights into Taboo or Campus? Thanks so much!

There is a recent addition to the FAQ that has some details...

My recent experience: Stock does have a cover now. The room is VERY big and lonely on "off" nights; when there's a full house, it's still quite fun. (I do miss the old room, but what are going to do?) Younger group of dancers on my last visit. They seemed very into partying -- at UNITY upstairs! Hard to get their attention, at times. The new shower, as some have pointed out, is a great addition.

Campus in the afternoons is fun as always. As you may know, after so many Stock dancers came on board (after the fire), the $20 dance is now standard at Campus. And -- not to begrudge Campus guys their due -- that's a shame.

Adonis limps along. The dark interior matches the dark moods of many dancers there. It's a "limbo"-like atmosphere to me (and I don't mean the quasi-Caribbean dance).

Now here's the surprise: I really am not a "twink" aficionado, but the best time I had in Montreal on my last visit was at Taboo! Seriously. Wonderful, club atmosphere, great "showmanship," no problems with overly aggressive dancers. A really fun room!

Have a great time!

-North

Things in Montreal are still awesome! Stock is a little slower this time of year than in the peak summer months but it is still great fun! Danny has been around on and off this winter... I guess his Florida plans either changed or have ended. He was working last night and plans to be around some for the remainder of March.

Archived