DC Strip Clubs Going Nowhere

snoopy
This topic is 6372 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

According to the latest issue of DC's City Paper (11/17), all attempts by DC's male strip clubs to relocate to the NY Avenue industrial area have failed. The Advisory Neighborhood Council which must approve applications voted "no" on November 2 on the application of Edge/Wet to relocate to 2026 West Virginia Avenue, NE. Bob Siegel, who owned 11 properties, including Secrets, Heat, Ziegfelds, The Follies and Glorious Health & Amusement had hoped to relocate to Mount Olivet Road, NE but was angrily rebuffed at a community meeting he attended. So it looks like DC says "NO" and I am skeptical if nearby Prince Georges County, Maryland will say "YES" (as some have speculated).

This is sad news.

The next best thing to Washington is Spectrum, at 2000 Eastern Avenue, in Baltimore. Parking is a challenge, though you can pay to park in the Burger King lot across the street.

The bar is open Thur/Fri/Sat only, from 7 PM to 1 AM. Nude boys, 8 to 10 working most nights, and a full bar. What the boys may lack in looks or talent, they make up in etiquette skills.

yeah, as I have posted on here previously after two visits to Spectrum, its a pretty sad imitation to the clubs DC had.

I was put off by the quality of dancers, the small size of the club and all the females who frequented the place. I was also put off by the manager (or owner?) who had a portable mic all night and kept yelling about not touching above the knee. Why not just go up to the individual customer and discretely tell him this is not allowed rather than screaming throughout the club over the PA? I have not been back and don't consider it worth the drive.

• 2 weeks later...

This is sad news snoopy. I just returned to Tennessee from a visit to D.C. from December 1st to December 4th. I really missed the chance to go the D.C. male strip clubs. Frankly, the patrons at the strip clubs were more friendly on average than the guys at other types of clubs that I have visited in D.C. over the years.

I went to J.R.'s a couple times this weekend and nobody said a word to me. Of course, being from out of town, it is tough sometimes to begin a conversation. I also went to Cobalt one time and didn't speak with anyone there.

I went to the Crew Club "bathhouse" twice. I don't know, though, if this is the appropriate forum or topic at which to post my observations of the Crew Club.

I sure did enjoy the D.C. strip clubs on past visits.

Archived