Info on a Gaiety Future

ValleyDwellerNorth
This topic is 6719 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I lifted this from Muscle Service ... FYI

-----------------------------------------

Author Comment

WildOzkar

(12/20/05 10:24 pm)

Reply Will the Gaiety ever return?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoke to Denise this eve. Expected that by now she had given up the search for an new Gaiety venue. I was surprised to learn that she is still actively engaged in the project and has a very optimistic attitude. I got the feeling that the Gaiety is very much in her blood and that she will not give up no matter how long it takes. This is quite different from others who have regarded similar theaters as simple investments projects and were content to go on to other things when their theater closed. When I told her I had given up all hope that a new Gaiety would ever come to pass, she simply smiled and shook her head. You can take this for whatever you think it may be worth. For me it arouses a degree of optimism especially since this information was unsolicited and was volunteered while I was simply engaging Denise in small talk.

NYCQuadslover

(12/20/05 11:43 pm)

Reply Re: Will the Gaiety ever return?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for this information, Oz. I miss the Gaiety a lot, more than I expected I would. There are lots of times when, due to schedule, fatigue, next-day activities, etc., I have really not been able to plan an evening out at a club or the baths. It's at those times that I have especially missed the Gaiety. It was so nice to know that one could plunk down a little money and have at least the possibility of seeing some hot men, in an atmosphere where one could just relax and enjoy oneself, regardless of how you felt or looked on a given night.

If Denise reads this, or if you relay any messages to her, let her know that a lot of us guys will be glad to be see the Gaiety re-open, should it happen, and will be willing to put our money where.........well, you know what I meant!

Missie Sansie

(12/21/05 12:02 am)

Spoke to Denise this eve.

OK WildOzkar! Fess up....I know you....you must have HIRED Denise! Spill the beans...is she as versatile as everyone claims she is????? I hear she can pick up a quarter off the floor without using her hands!

Anyway, I know she is definitely pursuing a particular location and dealing with all the stuff necessary in order to get such an establishment OK'd by the Community Boards, local zoning regulations, etc. Let's all keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. Until then, maybe WildOzkar will open up his living room and hold some WILD parties himself for all of us! Tee hee!

Raw

Rawtalent1

(12/21/05 12:05 am)

Re: Will the Gaiety ever return?

Sorry guys,

I was on another friend's computer when I posted that last one!

Raw

M1OOO

(12/21/05 12:18 am)

Youre Missie Sansie?

You know what they say. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

I guess he's probably flattered

Rawtalent1

(12/21/05 12:27 am)

Um....read that more carefully, that's not me. I'm at someone else's home in the city to be closer to work to avoid the strike problems and am using his computer! That was his sign in name and I forgot to log him out before I posted. Sorry to disappoint ya!

Raw

belpompino

(12/21/05 10:56 am)

Thanks, WildOzkar! Your account of Denise's commitment to re-opening the Gaiety is the best news I've had in quite a while. Even though I don't live in NYC anymore (and go there less and less), like Quads, I've found myself missing that grand old temple of the arts much, much more than I'd ever imagined. And I don't think Quads and I are the only ones.

I'm betting on Denise to succeed. So I hope you and Karl are still practising and polishing that adagio act you were getting ready for your eventual Gaiety debuts.

MusclePhoto

(12/21/05 2:33 pm)

Raw:

You scared us. For a minute I thought we were going through "sansification" again. Whew!

WildOzkar

(12/21/05 3:49 pm)

Missie Sansie (aka Raw):

As a matter of fact, the respite seems to be good for Denise because she is looking very good these days and if I were straight I might have hired her. The situation being what it is though, I will never be able to answer the question about the quarter.

I do have a wild party in my home at least once a week but it is very, very private and limited to me and one of five of my favorite muscle guys. When I decide to compete with you-know-who I will invite you too, to bring along your camcorder and a cigar.(I'm baaaaad)

Oriented ThatWay

(12/22/05 11:43 pm)

She is looking very good these days? How good? Did she have a facelift? Where did you see her?

WildOzkar

(12/23/05 12:19 pm)

Oriented: Well its all relative. I don't think she will ever compete with Gretchen Mol, but it seems she has been paying a lot of attention to the things that women use for this, and maybe a little Botox too? Who knows?

As for where I see her, Denise and I live very close to each other and although we are both very private persons, we do meet from time to time as neighbors do.

For Belpompino: I don't know if this act will ever come off since Karl, having been corrupted by Raw, spends all of his rehearsal time at Splash. But should this debut take place, you will not be invited unless you can get your buddy body to get off his ass and send me his report on his session with "that guy".

NYTB44

(12/23/05 12:29 pm)

"Corrupted by Raw?" I think you've got the roles reversed. <G>

In any event, I'm either retired or between opportunities so I can spare some time if you can WildOzkar! But then again our adagio number might well close the new Gaiety on its opening night. For the good of all concerned, I think we should proceed with caution. Don't you?

karl

• 3 weeks later...

Archived