help comparing Ft Lauderdale to Montreal

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 6816 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Who can help with some specific comparisons for ft lauderdale area (including Miami, Palm Beach, etc) to Montreal? I am aware that most of this info is available if I look hard enough.. but why not just make it short and simple?

1) Club locations--in mtl, 4 strip clubs are within walking distance of one another. Are the clubs in Ft Lauderdale close as well, or would you need transporation to get around?

2) Nudity-Mtl has full nudity with erections... What about Ft. Lauderdale area? Nudity? erections?

3) Cover charge--Mtl has no cover charge at strip clubs.. what about Ft. Lauderdale area?

4) Private dances--Mtl clubs have "backrooms" for private dances? What about Ft. Lauderdale area?

5) Cost of private dances-Mtl clubs are 10$ per song, except Stock, which is 20$. What about Ft. Lauderdale area?

6) Hotels in area.. In Mtl, there are many hotels, options to stay close by where car/taxi not needed. How about Ft. Lauderdale area?

7) Types of dancers--In Mtl, each club is known for a certain type of dancers.. Is it the same in Ft. Lauderdale or are the types intermixed?

Thanks guys for your help

I've been to both places (Lauderdale at least 5 times; MTL only once, but I'm going back).

1) In Lauderdale, you must have a rental car, or make numerous taxi trips. The four clubs are not within walking distance of each other. Their addresses are in the FAQ of this board.

2) No nudity in Lauderdale, but the lap dances can be very interactive, just as "up close & personal" as MTL. You may get offers for privates after the bar closes.

3) Cover: $5 at Boardwalk after 9 PM; $5 at Dudes. No cover at Johnny's or Torpedo's (and they couldn't get anyone to pay it, if they did charge!).

4) Dudes and Boardwalk have a common area for privates - like Taboo. Never did a private at Johnny's - don't know if they have any area at all. Torpedo's has private rooms with couches, more private than Stock, even.

5) $20-25 per song in Lauderdale for lap dances. Be sure to help the dancer count the songs! At Boardwalk, the dancer must pay $5 in advance to the DJ to bring you in the private dance common area (which doubles as the DJ booth!)

6) There might be a hotel within walking distance of any one bar, but basically don't look for this option, since you'd still need transportation to the other 3 bars. Dudes, for example, is only about 4 blocks west of the beach, and there are numerous hotels on the beach. The other 3 bars in inland, and you wouldn't want to stay in a hotel that far in.

7) Johnny's - extreme twinks, very thin

Boardwalk - many Hispanic, and some variety, up to 30 dancers on weekends

Torpedo's, mostly Hispanic, and a little variety

Dudes - more muscular, but only about 6 dancers total per night

Boardwalk is my favorite: up to 30 dancers, you can find someone you like. They have an ATM; medium-sized parking lot; friendly employees.

Don't forget Cupids in West Palm Beach - about 50 miles north of Lauderdale. Cover varies, around $12, check the FAQ. Full nudity; you are required to buy 1-2 drinks; privates in their private rooms cost $100 to $200.

I prefer MTL, but Lauderdale can be fun, especially in the winter months!

Hope you have a great time, and give us your report.

Succinct and accurate summary, b. o. I would add only the following from my perspective (many Montreal visits; 3 or 4 to FLL):

>2) No nudity in Lauderdale, but the lap dances can be very interactive, just as "up close & personal" as MTL.

You need to get to Montreal more! Except for once at Torpedo (see below), nothing I've experienced in Ft Lauderdale came anywhere near what is more or less routine in Montreal's back rooms.

>3) ... No cover at Johnny's or Torpedo's (and they couldn't get anyone to pay it, if they did charge!).

Torpedo has been different each time I've been there. What is probably the single most interactive backroom dance of my life happened there. I've also been there when it was essentially empty and there were no dancers. The one constant is that nothing starts happening until midnight or later, when staff from other places begin getting off duty.

>4) Dudes and Boardwalk have a common area for privates - like Taboo.

IMO Boardwalk is much worse than Taboo. Taboo at least has the curtain "partitions" between customers; at BW the room is small, everything is completely open, and the DJ is practically next to you watching the whole time.

>Boardwalk is my favorite: up to 30 dancers, you can find someone you like.

I agree. Auditions on Wednesdays and towel nights on Thursdays can be especially good.

The "fondle and tip" routine (see the strip clubs forum) at places like Johnny's and Boardwalk takes some getting used to. I still find it hard to get into the rhythm and not feel clumsy about it.

>I prefer MTL, but Lauderdale can be fun, especially in the winter months!

I personally wouldn't bother going to Ft Lauderdale just to be a sex tourist :-) -- Montreal is better and cheaper and I don't mind the winter. But the Ft Lauderdale clubs can be lots of fun if you have some other reason for being there.

>Hope you have a great time, and give us your report.

Yes!

a couple of minor rebuttals:

The best "lap" dance I've ever had was at Campus in MTL (Phil). Stock is, of course, more private.

At Dudes and at Boardwalk in Lauderdale, I've had some of the most interactive lap dances you could ever hope for: Ryan at Dudes (no longer there); Nando, Jake, and Tom at Boardwalk.

I agree that MTL can be, on the whole, cheaper and more fun. Plus, there are daytime dances available.

There are many Hispanic dancers in Lauderdale who speak almost no English. In MTL, even the French-speaking dancers know more than enough English to entice you.

With the Gaiety gone, DC clubs on their way out, I plan to make more visits to MTL, but fewer visits to Lauderdale.

Also, you can watch dancers performing nude on stage from Stock on your computer: http://www.stockbar.ca or http://www.nudemaledancers.com

Although I live only a couple hours drive from Ft Lauderdale, I've never done a 'strip club' visit there. I can't help but assume I'll experience disappointment as compared to the heaven (in many aspects) that is represented by a trip to Montreal. (Like going to Disney World, then expecting to be wowed by a county fair.)

I actually made it to Gaity once a couple years ago and enjoyed the experience but found it somewhat inferior to the Montreal strip club fun. (At least I got to see the much-loved TJ dance the night I went, so I feel like I got to see one of the best that venue had to offer.)

I suppose until I have that disappointing Montreal trip, I'll be sticking with the tried and true, despite the travel distance. If you had to choose between the two cities for your next trip, head for the border

:p

Archived