Buddies This Weekend

ValleyDwellerNorth
This topic is 7118 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

RE: KARAOKE AT BUDDIES?

Damn VDN looks like we have a lot more in common than involving women in our sexual fantasies/realities !!! When I was a kid I bought my first soundtrack and it was Xanadu..should have known I was gay then, but always wanted to get with Olivia Newton John, so I remained confused for a few more decades

RE: KARAOKE AT BUDDIES? why not at the GAIETY ???

Funny that on the same week the entertaining references to karaoke performances at Buddies appeared, I feel compelled to comment on the sorry musical experience I had this week at the Gaiety. While sitting through that god-awful song “Control”, I came soooooo close to going back into the d.j. booth and strangling the joker spinning the discs. You know the song I’m talking about, with the incessant refrain - “control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control… control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control…control…” Am I the only one who felt violated sitting in my seat forced to endure this wretched song?

I’m convinced that we could liven things up at the Gaiety by having a weekly karaoke night, whereby audience participants could sing along to a hit-parade of their favorite karaoke tunes, while our dancing boys could strut their stuff just like they’ve always done. It would be a hoot to watch the the guys onstage try to keep their erections from wilting, as the Laura Braningan wannabes in the audience belt out, “Gloria” and with everyone joining in on the chorus…”if everybody wants you, why isn’t anybody calling….?” I’d even dare say we might be able to convince Denise to sing us an adoring solo during one of Neo’s acts...On second thought, let’s just keep it like it is…

RE: KARAOKE AT BUDDIES?

>Damn VDN looks like we have a lot more in common than

>involving women in our sexual fantasies/realities !!! When I

>was a kid I bought my first soundtrack and it was

>Xanadu..should have known I was gay then, but always wanted

>to get with Olivia Newton John, so I remained confused for a

>few more decades

You have only been confused for a few decades? What really threw my puberty for a curve is when Annie Lennox came out to sing Sweet Dreams at the Grammy's sometime in the early 80's in drag as ELVIS PRESLEY! I also remember that my first musical purchase made with my own funds from removing snow and selling Lemonade was the Village People! However, Xanadu always gave me chills and I would play that record over and over. I was so clueless and innocent. I was living in a Xanadu dreamworld for quite sometime.

Oh well, the best we can do in this insane world and hold on to those great things from our innocent, childhood years.

RE: KARAOKE AT BUDDIES? why not at the GAIETY ???

>Funny that on the same week the entertaining references to

>karaoke performances at Buddies appeared, I feel compelled to

>comment on the sorry musical experience I had this week at the

>Gaiety. While sitting through that god-awful song “Control”,

>I came soooooo close to going back into the d.j. booth and

>strangling the joker spinning the discs. You know the song

>I’m talking about, with the incessant refrain - “control,

>control, control, control, control, control, control, control,

You were hearing a remixed version of the song. The original version doesn't have the word "control" repeating so many times.

The group is called "The Faint"

http://www.thefaint.com/visual/faint1.jpg

This is an example of when a remix goes bad as the original is a cool song.

Archived