Fort Lauderdale Photos IV

Karl-G
This topic is 7221 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

takes a boat trip through the canals of the city past homes and businesses. If you visit Fort Lauderdale and travel only by car or on foot, you will have missed the essence of the city and many of its most beautiful parts. Fort Lauderdale is a city built on water, with 400 miles of waterfront property; in contrast, Venice, Italy, has 200 miles. This is where the most beautiful homes and condominiums and restaurants are located, especially along the Intracoastal Waterway. There are several ways of visiting by water. The "Jungle Queen" is a large paddle wheeler which gives three hour tours several times a day; large boats can be boarded every hour in the heart of town at River Place and they sail for an hour and a half. Or the easiest and least expensive way is to board a water taxi at any one of its 20 stops and just sit back and enjoy the wondeful scenes.

The taxi begins in the north on the intracoastal at Shooter's Restaurant at Oakland Boulevard (3100 N.) and then sails down all the way to the Hyatt Regency on the far south side of the city. It turns west and sails up the Middle River through downtown with stops #17 at Las Olas Boulevard, #18 River Place restaurant and entertainment center, #19 Shirttail Charlie's Restaurant, and #20 River House, one of the oldest buildings in Fort Lauderdale, now a lovely restaurant inside and out under huge trees. A $5 pass allows you to get on and off water taxis all day long.

Here are pictures starting with Shooter's/Charlie's Crab Restaurant Stop #1 and continuing past beautiful homes and splendid landscaping until sailing up the Middle River past the Stranahan House (1901 and the oldest building in F.L.) and coming to River Place. There are a number of shops and restaurants and bars here. Most Sundays there is free music at one or more of the three gazebos. You can continue walking west along River Walk past River House and then on to the Science Museum and finally the Broward Center of the Arts with its two magnificent theaters on a rise of ground. Surely, this is one of the loveliest arts centers in the world.

Fort Lauderdale is filled with good restaurants, most with both indoor and outdoor seating. The evenings are particularly balmy this time of year, and sitting outdoors can be a great pleasure. Here is an Italian Restaurant (Nick's), two French restaurants, a Spanish-Cuban Restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, just as starters. If you are still looking for something to do, there are large, excellent Barnes & Noble's and Border's Books near the restaurants on the N.E. side of Fort Lauderdale; both have sandwich and dessert shops and live music several times a week.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4222791&a=31315633&f=

showme,

Nice galleries for seven of the dancers at the Boardwalk can be found at

http://www.boardwalkbar.com/newdancer.html

If you have access to Boysontheweb.com through any group, these are galleries of dancers at the Boardwalk:

six galleries of Sammy Case, most recently as a preppy with glasses

More JJ

Poolside (Kyle)

Sidetracks (Joey)

Damian/Dragon (Damien is now a bar boy)

Joey and Friends

Beach Boys

Blond Joey

Twinky Kyle

Dancers Suck

J J Twink

Trixie's Devon (sometimes blond, sometimes dark, always cute)

Klub Kid (= actually Philip of Campus in Montreal; I don't know how he got here, because I have never seen him in Florida)

Karl

>Klub Kid (= actually Philip of Campus in Montreal; I don't

>know how he got here, because I have never seen him

>in Florida)

>

> Karl

Karl: I had the opportunity to meet Peter (webmaster and owner of Boysontheweb) when I was in FLL.

He did say that though most of the boys on his site are original content, he does purchase photosets on the net to add to the content on his site. Hence the presence of several MOntreal dancers on the site.

Archived