New strip club TRIX in Providence, RI

Guest jamier
This topic is 7347 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest jamier

With the disappointment at the closure of Saints and Sinners a few months ago, we thought that a visit to Providence might never be quite the same again... plenty of gay bars and nightclubs (in fact, more gay clubs that straight ones in the downtown area!), but where to see those cute guys taking it off?

New strip club - TRIX ALL MALE REVUE - opened recently and, although a short drive or taxi from downtown, is fantastic!

Open Wednesday to Sunday, 9pm to 1am or 2am. Opens 5pm Sundays.

165 Poe Street, Providence, Rhode Island.

Tel. 401 781 3121

Cover was $7 on Saturday night (not sure about other nights)

Dancers down to underwear at the moment. All very hot!

TRIX is located a few minutes drive south of downtown Providence in a largely industrial area. I guess you could walk there from downtown, but the area, although not particularly unsafe, is past all the oil yards and would take about 45 minutes at a pace! There's an illuminated sign (for Platforms) showing the way from the main road as you drive down Allen Street.

The club is in a large room next to Platforms, a straight dance club (female strippers I think, ewwww!). Staff and dancers at TRIX are very welcoming and friendly.

The two guys working the bar (Rich and Justin when I was there - both hot looking!) are in their boxers, delighting customers sat at the bar! Another really hot guy who's the 'shot boy' is in tight briefs all night, and then there are the dancers...

Not exactly sure how many dancers, but at least six or seven. All great looking and a mixture of body types from young and smooth to more muscular. Favorites include incredibly cute LA who is around 20 and gorgeous. Nick is a bit older and probably the best dancer on stage with a perfect body. He used to dance at Saints and Sinners and, if he isn't already, should be a fashion model.

Each dancer goes on stage for three or four songs at a time I think, and strips down to underwear with very sexy dancing. There is continual dancing all night with the guys taking it in turns. When they're not on stage, the dancers are out in the room chatting to people, accepting tips and giving private dances. For a private dance, you pay $20 to the club and then pay the dancer as well.

TRIX has a long bar along the left wall with bar stools all along, and video monitors showing DVDs at each end. The stage is at the far end of the room next to the DJ, and the rest of the room is filled with small tables and stools. It got pretty busy and nicely crowded after about 11pm.

So what happened to Saints and Sinners? Apparantly it was owned, along with several other establishments in Providence, by a local businessman who decided to sell-up in order to undertake more respectable positions in the city! It was run as a male strip bar briefly by new owners, but didn't make enough money, so has sadly now become a female strip club. However Saints and Sinners did have a licence for nude male dancing which TRIX doesn't at the moment, but I hear that they are applying for one. The manager of TRIX was in the club all night and seems a really nice guy, friendly with his staff and customers. There was a nice mix of customers with a lot of friendly regulars and a few ladies popping in, although a predominantly gay male clientele. I really hope this club works out, as it looks a tough proposition to set up a profitable business model for a gay male strip club.

Overall, TRIX is a great place, well worth a visit when you're next in Providence.

Archived