Visitor Info for Montreal

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 7493 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey men.. thinking about a first time visit to montreal for my vacation. Would be end of Feb or first part of March. Just how cold is it that time of year? Definitely want to see and experience the gay life there. Am more attracted to the Taboo types, from what I have read here. Can anyone recommend a nice, medium priced hotel close the the clubs/bar/nitelife? Also.. as far as the "boys" go, what is the cost of the clubs like taboo, campus, etc. Cover?, privates? etc? What about hiring the boys outside of the clubs? What can I expect cost-wise? Any other helpful tips would be appreciated.. must see's.. dont see's, etc..

i made my first trip to montreal in about 25 yrs last march, and it was VERY VERY cold. montreal and toronto both had a very bitter winter and it included early march when i was there. (been back about once a month since i started in march, to give you an indication how much i like montreal)! weatherwise, i would advise you to make your trip a month or two later than you are thinking about.

that said, i will refer you to the male strip FAQ'S section located immediately when you enter the male strip forum. campus, stock and le adonis are the clubs you want to read. i didn't list taboo, since it is now closed.

Guest Aquario

Hi Lurker,

I'm from Montreal and I can tell you that early March can be very cold in this city. Unless you have a desire to enjoy Canadian winters, you might want to wait till May.

Hotel St-André might be a good bet if you want something unexpensive. The staff is great, the rooms are OK (this isn't the Sheraton) and it is pretty close to the nightlife.

There are no cover charges in strip clubs, but you must at least have a drink.

Lurker~~~

I don't know where you are from---and I think that makes a lot of difference about how well you can "take" Montreal weather in February or March. The other posters have said it---it CAN be very, very cold, but it can also be bearable. I've been there in December, January and February and April, but I come from Western New York State, and our weather is also cold. Montreal does have a Metro system that allows you to travel underground for long distances, and unless you are walking everywhere and for many blocks, the weather should not be a "killer" for your trip. Walking up and down Ste. Catherine---the main drag in the gay village can be brutal---if the wind is howling, which it often is---so bring gloves, a hat, a scarf, warm shoes and you'll be fine.

Hotels: Gouverneur is great--location, rooms, etc. but not cheap. Lord Berri, also convenient, but not quite as close to the village is about the same price but not as classy. Taj Mahal, on Ste. Hubert, close to bus station and about two blocks further from the "village" than the Gouverneur, is cheaper and if you are not fussy about all the amenities, perfectly acceptable. There are also all kinds of Bed and Breakfast places near the village. Do a Google search, or go to the site someone else posted for Fugues Magazine.

Most of all? Have a great time and visit ALL the strip bars that are open---each one is very different and your taste will help you determine which is your favourite. But do read the FAQ on male strip clubs, but also read the thread on the New Rules in Montreal to give you some tips on what to do in the back room. DON'T assume anything---make it clear to the dancers what YOU want and what YOU are willing to pay. Keep close count of the dances--songs---while you are in the back. Many dancers will give you an honest count, others will cheat a little. Hey, they are human beings, after all. Also, the first time you are in the strip bars, no one will know you, so you may have to be a little more patient than the second or third night---play it casually--and ENJOY.

If you have specific questions---e-mail me privately,

Samai

I went to Montreal once in February, and it was too cold for me, and I am from Boston, so I am accustomed to the cold. Christmas - New Years week is OK. The previous poster is correct, the Metro and the complete underground city make Montreal tolerable in that cold weather. Dress warm and get into a warm strip club.

Also check http://www.fugues.com for Montreal info.

Archived