Gaiety Review (October 27) Comments Welcome

ddarko
This topic is 7866 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Welcome to This Week at The Gaiety, the hottest show on Broadway. I’m back after a week off, enjoying the beautiful scenery of Montreal. I think every time I venture north for some entertainment that it’s harder to enjoy the show in New York, as there is so much more eye candy at the six stripper bars in town.

This week’s show was a good one. I particularly enjoyed the second half of the show, feeling that the reinforcements brought a lot of enthusiasm to the stage that was often lacking in the first part of the show.

A few random notes before I start my commentary.

Had a fun train ride home Friday night. Across the aisle from me were two young boys (no, not that young) who were returning from the Ranger game and were wearing their Messier and Lindros jerseys. They were both quite good looking. They were probably 18 or 19 years old. They were innocently paging through a girlie magazine, looking around surreptitiously hoping nobody would notice. Well, I did, and I just smiled at them. In return, the better looking one removed his jersey and allowed me to look at his nice muscles. Ok, so I exaggerate a bit. I wonder if they learned that from the Gaiety performers this week, as several of them were throwing their clothing into the audience.

I noticed the emergence of a model whose name I believe is Travis Fimmell or something like that. He is the new Calvin Klein model with long blond hair, a real cutie. I must take some credit for this new ad campaign as I’m sure Mr. Klein reads this column and has observed my thoughts on how sexy barefooted boys can be. One of the ads for socks pictures Travis with a sock on one foot and barefoot on the other. Lovely!

Big turnout of women this weekend. The ones I saw were quite well behaved and were really enjoying the show. It’s the women who feel they need to show off their breasts and cause a ruckus who I have a major problem with. While I would certainly prefer that the Gaiety be a totally gay club/theatre, I realize that management is probably not empowered to deny admission to anyone who is willing to pay. I think the bottom line for them is how many people pass through the turnstiles, not who they are.

This week marks the beginning of a new format in these reviews. Having done this for over three years now, I am going to try a more abbreviated format, no awards (let me know your thoughts). I will be giving you some first impressions, a bit more detail on any newcomers or anyone/anything that caught my attention. If a dancer did pretty much the same thing as before/looked about the same as the last time around, I will note their appearance and move on to the next dancer. I will try to review all the weekend performers, not just the ones in the show on both Friday and Saturday. As always, I welcome your thoughts and comments, either in the Message Center or by email (nyobsrvr@aol.com) . I enjoy hearing your thoughts. If you email me, please put use a title that will convince me that your mail is not junk mail, as I delete lots of emails every day.

As always, the views expressed in this review are mine alone. We all have different perceptions, different likes, different focuses. I do not claim to be the definitive authority on the guys, you have to decide who you like for yourselves. The important thing is to enjoy the guys, tip them a few dollars and to have a good evening out.

1. Max, an Argentine guy, nice muscles, very nice chest, well-rounded butt. I thought he was a lot more playful on stage this time around than in his first appearance. He seemed more comfortable on stage, danced a bit more, flirted with the audience a bit. I did feel he was quite cocky on stage.

2. Corey, not sure why he continues to get a prime spot in the lineup. He is not a fun performer on stage (in fact, I think he’s boring), he is a handsome guy, but his body is not what it once was. I really hate that he stole my grandmother’s army boots, she has been looking all over for them. Pretty much the same show, time after time. I was starting to nod off after this one, thank goodness the next few performers held my attention better.

3. Mico Valentine (missed some performances on Friday night), sporting a new physique, a lot leaner, more cut, he looked great. He is a lot more fun on stage, talking to some patrons, smiling a lot more, showing off his ass a lot. He’s even dancing quite a bit. I think he has a lot of the same moves as Giovanni, perhaps he’s been getting some coaching on the side. I do wish he’d get rid of the shades in his first number, but overall, a very strong performance. He’s definitely come a long way since his first appearance in New York.

4. Rene, a sexy blond performer, great eye contact, with a twinkle in his eye. He has a warm personality and is a good guy. He is starting to get comfortable on our stage, it’s been a gradual process. This week, he became a star. To me, Rene looks like he has some Scandinavian or German roots. One of his most appealing features is his big dick; it was quite talented moving up and down and bouncing all around. I look forward to chatting with Rene some more on my next trip up north.

5. Sylvio, a very sensual performer, unusual dancing style, long hair blocking his view throughout his show. To me, he looks like an Italian movie star, nice body, angular face, long hair, very sexy and he knows it. He has a nice body, not overdone. While Sylvio is not among my favorites, I can see why many really like this guy, he does have a lot of sex appeal.

6. Ariel, the second of the Argentines, very young looking, mouth wide open through much of his performance, showing off his blue bubble gum on Saturday night (ewww). He had a pair of red bowling shoes on Friday night, not exactly my idea of sexy footwear. He has a nice face, a beefy bubble butt and a gentle smile. He seems to have a more friendly disposition than his compatriot. I think he’s a cute boy.

7. Casey (I have been informed definitively that this is the correct spelling of his name and that it is not the initial KC. My sincerest apologies for misrepresenting this), a good-looking blond, great butt, clubby dressy, lots of Diesel stuff. He is an above average dancer, shows off his butt nicely (though sometimes distantly) but he rarely smiles on stage and infrequently shows any inkling of personality on stage. Casey’s body looked more cut than I remember it being on his last few appearances.

8. Alex, a newcomer and a very hot man. He was a tall blond with a goatee, very muscular. I loved his looks, especially his smile and eyes. On Friday night, he waited an awfully long time before removing his shirt, perhaps opening night jitters. On Saturday, he came out in a nice muscle shirt, that revealed his big arms rather well. He pulled down his pants and gave us a nice view of his scrumptious ass and mercilessly teased us before removing his shirt. I frequently don’t like this ploy, but in his case, I think it was a case of increasing our anticipation, rather than a cover-up. Alex seems like a very friendly guy, I hope he’ll come back, I definitely want to get to know this handsome man better. He did a nice job of posing, showing off his beautifully sculpted body and more important, he was very appreciative of every dollar he was tipped.

9. Giovanni, the ultimate showman, always putting on a fun performance, holding the audience’s complete attention. He is very expressive in his dancing, has extremely good eye contact and stage presence and interacts incredibly well with the audience members. He is very playful on stage, always having a good time. Giovanni has a very well-toned body, but for me the focus is the joy of performance. He’s charming in the lounge, I think a very nice guy.

10. Bruce, a long-haired youngster, beautiful smile and face, sexy demeanor on stage, big dick (he came close to sucking his own dick on stage to the audience’s delight). I thought that Bruce had gained some muscle since his last appearance in New York; he looked good. He gives off the image of being a bit “grungy”, both in his hair style (which I happen to like) and his dress. I think he’d look great in a nice white dress shirt and with shorter hair, but that’s the conservative in me.

11. Angel, another superb performer, an even better dancer than Giovanni. This good-looking blond (I think I really liked the blonds in the show this week) has a nice smile, a nicely toned and ever-improving body (especially those legs) and a beautiful big bubble butt. I really enjoy the enthusiasm he brings to the stage. It’s really a lot of fun watching someone like him perform; you can tell that he really enjoys the dancing.

12. Derek, a handsome guy, older than most of the performers, but still quite attractive. He is a good dancer, dresses nicely and has a dick that frightened some of the spectators. From what I hear, he’ll be back the week after next.

13. Octavius, an extremely entertaining dancer, coming out barefoot in his first number, prancing all about the stage, smiling, showing off his beautiful body and his joy of performance. He came out Saturday night in a Giants cap (football Giants), it was a cute look, but I would have preferred to see him without it. He is quite well-endowed, has a nicely shaped butt and a well-toned body. He’s among the friendliest performers I’ve ever spoken to in the lounge. I really enjoy everything this guy brings to the table.

All-in-all, an enjoyable week. Here’s some preview on next week’s show. Bruce will be continuing. He will be joined by Michael, Nicholas, Spencer and Andre. I believe that Mark Dalton will be on stage on Sunday (oops), Monday and Tuesday. Joey Jordan will be working starting Thursday, through Sunday. A guy from San Francisco named Acapulco (yes, he’s Mexican; I think he will be dancing as Jordan in New York) will be debuting. I hear he’s good looking, but I’ve never seen him.

Rumors for the weekend include Vito, Tino Lopez and Antonio.

I look forward to a good one.

Have a great week.

See you next time around.

Hugs,

NYO

1) I much more appreciate your commentary than the "awards"; I don't think you need to do both; make it easier on yourself and just write about the boys.

2) Acapulco Jordan is very short (which I think is a good thing) but he wears these Herman Munster boots to give him a bit more elevation. NYO, I'd be very surprised if you're able to convert him to your bare feet club. He is attractive, and is more bi (or straight) than gay, but that fits with the Gaiety boys. His english is not very good; in San Francisco he had a "booker" answering his calls for him to assure that there was no lack of communication. In person he is able to understand and communicate the essentials of an encounter. You won't be discussing Proust with him, though.

He was planning on making it to NY when I hired him over a year ago; glad he's finally making his debut in the Big Apple.

Archived