Reflections on my freshman year

ready182
This topic is 8146 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A year ago, in the m4m sense, I had never given, received, GIVEN, nor RECEIVED. It was this on-line forum that helped me getup the courage to try the things I had wanted to experience for over 25 years. Hence my handle. (your old fart jokes are not appreciated :)

With much consideration, I decided that the best place to learn was on campus. During my freshman year, I have studied 9 different subjects. It started with Nickematics (where I learned to give, receive, and GIVE), followed by Dylanomics (my first RECEIVE and still the best class I ever took), American Justin, Kirkish, Paulnastics, Coleometry, Danieleering, and finally Elliotology (let's say, my first "give" = "all the way").

No B.S., 9 encounters on campus w/o a single event scoring less than "above average".

During my freshman year, I took just 2 field trips off campus. One was not a memorable experience. The other, a class in Anthonyropology, was second only to Dylanomics.

I started the year as a naive freshmen, and end the year a much more enlightened person.

Now I anxiously await my grades from Dean Mike, to see if I graduate to my Sophomore year.

Perhaps it's time to change my handle from "ready" to "willing and able".

Thanks for the humor and the reminescence it evoked. My freshman year occurred my junior year at the university when a handsome football player, a genuinely nice guy, asked if he and I could study together for a math class. Originally, he sought help from me; I, however, learned much more about who I was from him than the math knowledge he gained from me. We had been gone twenty-five years when we incidentally encountered each other at Homecoming. Sorry, Thomas Wolfe, you can sometimes go home again.

Guest CampusMike

We at Campus think that it is such an immense pleasure to be confronted with a fledgling student who is eager to learn, to RECEIVE, and GIVE, and allow himself to be engrossed in those subjects that are so near and dear to our hearts (and other areas). We could not be more proud to see a student (which, by the way, you are NEVER too old to go back to school. No old fart jokes here!) challenging himself to learn more and plunge himself into some of our most intriguing subjects like Kirkish, Paulnastics, Coleometry, Danieleering, and of course Elliotology. We hope that in your sophomore year and following years to come, you will fill your class schedule with even more stimulating subjects like Aidenostics, Claudiology, and Idolatry of Nikko 101, as well as return for advanced studies in all of your favorite subjects. Ready182 you have made the grade, CONGRADULATIONS! We look forward to seeing you back on Campus.

Archived