Help with Video Software

eastbayguy
This topic is 6995 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Need some guidance on what software to look at to do a project. Thought maybe someone here might know. I need to assemble a video that would be a group of still, digital photographs. We would like to be able to dissolve between the photos. There would need to be some titles, logos and other artwork included as well.

Once the show is built, it would be burned to a DVD and left to play in a loop on a DVD player.

I know there is software out there to do this. I just haven't succeeded in finding it yet. Anyone have some suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance.

--EBG

If you are running Microsoft Windows XP, you can use the free program that comes with that called Windows Movie Maker. WMM lets you import a collection of photos and make a slideshow out of them with just a few commands. You can then save the show as a .wmv file that can be played using Windows Media Player.

...Hoover

Guest ChgoBoy

>If you are running Microsoft Windows XP, you can use the free

>program that comes with that called Windows Movie Maker. WMM

>lets you import a collection of photos and make a slideshow

>out of them with just a few commands. You can then save the

>show as a .wmv file that can be played using Windows Media

>Player.

>

>...Hoover

Hoover I run XP Pro but cannot find windows movie maker. Any hints on how I can find this.?

EBG,

If Windows Movie Maker was installed on your machine, you should have a folder called "C:\Program Files\Movie Maker".

The program is moviemk.exe.

If you can't find it, I can probably email a zip file containing the exe and the associated dll files.

...Hoover

Thanks for the hints and suggestions, guys. Much appreciated. The Movie Maker program was not installed on my machine. Doing this in Power Point is appealing. But, can I burn the whole thing off to a DVD so I can play it on a DVD player if I follow the Power Point option?

I fiddled around with Power Point a bit. I see how to make a stand-alone presentation. But, that appears to require a computer rather than build something that will work on a DVD player.

--EBG

I was told that the Sonic Solutions product "My DVDit" will turn a

powerpoint presentation into a DVD playable on any standard DVD player.

I've never tried it myself, but the program used to be included

in many DVD writer retail packages.

Archived